Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat214)
    Thank you 😊 But I meant referring to the texts in the second bullet point. My college taught us to do the analysis as the first half of the answer and then the theories and everything the second half and I didn't link them back to the texts. Sorry if I'm just being confusing haha! Like when I wrote about linguistic determinism and reflectionism I didn't link it to text E or F

Also did anyone else think the guy that wrote that book had the most pretentious writing style ever?! 😂
    oh god yeah my referrals back to the text were so ccrap haha don't worry about it 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_1)
    oh god yeah my referrals back to the text were so ccrap haha don't worry about it 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My reference to the texts in question three on my second bullet point were acknowledging the non gender-specific pro nouns and identify it was highlighting politically correct ways to a dress genders (in particular women) then just expanding on gender related PC things😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liaamm)
    My reference to the texts in question three on my second bullet point were acknowledging the non gender-specific pro nouns and identify it was highlighting politically correct ways to a dress genders (in particular women) then just expanding on gender related PC things😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't refer back at all 😭😭 I've never seen a paper before where the don't say "referring to text a and b, evaluate..." Oh god only a 2 month wait to see if we were okay though aha 😂

ReputationRep:
    I wrote all about language change theory like prescriptivism and descriptivism, then spoke about dominant and muted groups in question three. I didn't refer back to much PC theory at all because I really wasn't confident with it. I am stressing out because I need to get a B for university and feel like I might have really messed up. Has anyone done anything similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sineadward95)
    I wrote all about language change theory like prescriptivism and descriptivism, then spoke about dominant and muted groups in question three. I didn't refer back to much PC theory at all because I really wasn't confident with it. I am stressing out because I need to get a B for university and feel like I might have really messed up. Has anyone done anything similar?
    Yeh I spoke about dominant and muted groups too!! Also did saphir whorf, swift and casey's tey ter and tem (in relation to gender neutral pronouns), dale spenders man made language theory, verbal hygiene, semantic derogation and lexical asymmetry, basically just put in every PC theory I could remember and hoped for the best! My linking back to the text was not good tho hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisiemclaughlin)
    I'm the exact same as you! I felt as though I'd just been chucked into a random exam and didn't have a clue what was going on. My a01 labelling is so weak and I didn't even understand that the gender and the language change meant PC. I ended up writing that due to the Norman conquest they brought in French words such as madam which has negative connotations, I was literally rambling on about stupid stuff - even feminists. I'm really disappointed with how it went and I feel as though the questions weren't clear like they have been in previous years
    Hey - sorry for the late reply! I couldn't agree more! I didn't even include anything about the Norman conquest I'm just so worried that I'm going to completely fail the exam - hopefully the grade boundaries will go down though... Hopefully. Thanks for your reply btw

ReputationRep:
    Guys I know it's been ages but it's getting close to results and I was wondering do we reckon grade boundaries are gonna be down because so many people wrote about the wrong thing for the second question ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Try not to worry too much about results day. I know that's easier said than done but honestly, examiners aren't expecting your answers to be perfect (especially under exam conditions). I sort of wrote the wrong thing for the second answer as well and I didn't really know what Q2 was going in about (do you know? I thought it was accent and dialect, I'm not sure :/). So yeah, hopefully the grade boundaries will go down but try not to think about it too much, because I'm sure tons of other people are worrying too (me!) about results day so you are not in it alone! (Hope that helped!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elel123)
    Hey! Try not to worry too much about results day. I know that's easier said than done but honestly, examiners aren't expecting your answers to be perfect (especially under exam conditions). I sort of wrote the wrong thing for the second answer as well and I didn't really know what Q2 was going in about (do you know? I thought it was accent and dialect, I'm not sure :/). So yeah, hopefully the grade boundaries will go down but try not to think about it too much, because I'm sure tons of other people are worrying too (me!) about results day so you are not in it alone! (Hope that helped!)
    Hey, thanks for replying you've really reassured me I did political correctness:/ who knows what's right ! Results will tell! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling about the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    And good luck everyone for tomorrow x

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    I got an E in the exam and got a C overall, disappointed
    (Original post by Ilydia)
    How did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    Got a C in the exam and a B overall I really wanted an A

ReputationRep:
    Almost every person who sat the exam came out with either d/e/u were considering to appeal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankthebunny)
    Almost every person who sat the exam came out with either d/e/u were considering to appeal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really?! I got an A?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they did only 4 people out of 20 got above a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone wondering whether the AQA marking incompetence has ****ed us all over?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, absolute *******s, getting marked per script so if they're skint they need to make more and so rush it. The system is pathetic really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody doing this spec this year? I was wondering if anybody has a checklist of all of the topics needed to be revised for both the Language Change side and the Language Variation side and any tips on how to approach the exam question to get full marks or close to full marks?

Thanks

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.