Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am an international student with an unconditional offer who will be studying Psychology at the University of Manchester this autumn. I just noticed that the university also offered a "Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology" course, and I wanted to know if I could switch prior to the start of the academic year. They are so similar that I couldn't think of any problems that would arise.

If possible, would I lose my £2000 bursary that I was offered?

ReputationRep:
    How did you apply for the course? Did you apply via UCAS? It might be best to contact the university directly to see if they have space on the other course. If they said yes, then you'd need to contact UCAS. Are both courses accredited by the BPS? That's worth considering if you wish to pursue a career in psychology. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Do you meet the entry requirements for the cognitive neuroscience and psychology course? You need to have studied a couple of science subjects vs. the complete mix of subjects allowed for straight psychology.

A-level Grades AAA-ABB.

Your subjects should include 2 `hard sciences' - Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths.

You must have a grade A in one of - Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths.

If your grades are AAB or higher we will accept Geography, Psychology, Environmental Studies or PE in place of one of the hard sciences.

Subjects with overlapping content are not normally accepted together: e.g. Further Maths not accepted alongside Maths; Applied Science or Human Biology not accepted alongside Biology.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.