Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Calling all grammar and literature/language experts! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I need your English skills to make this sound more formal and professional.
    I have a research question which could be improved to sound a lot better.

'Do students view those with a history of crime the same as they view those with a history of mental illness?'

If you can make this sound better, I am going to see how people react to a person with a history of crime vs a history of mental illness. I will be giving them 2 examples the same people except one has a criminal history and one has mental history.
    Part of A Level Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Will no one accept the challenge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What level are you at? If this is GCSE or A level coursework then you can probably get away with this topic, but not at higher levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crumpet1)
    What level are you at? If this is GCSE or A level coursework then you can probably get away with this topic, but not at higher levels.
    A Level Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OI ENGLISH EXPERTS WHERE U AT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could you say something along the lines of 'Do young people of today's society treat those with criminal histories on par with people with psychiatric conditions?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryBarney)
    I need your English skills to make this sound more formal and professional.
    I have a research question which could be improved to sound a lot better.

'Do students view those with a history of crime the same as they view those with a history of mental illness?'
    'In the current generation where judging people on the factors of individual differences and backgrounds are emphasised to be non-discriminate and neutral, what proportion of students perceive those with a criminal past equally to to those with a history of psychiatric illness; what affects the students' opinions- are they more likely to treat the mentally ill with more sympathy for example?'.

You could also define what you'll be considering a criminal/psychological illness to be, too. I.e what sort of crimes make up a criminal? Will you be using 'soft' examples or more 'serious' ones?

I ain't a language expert, but wanted to reply as you bumped a few times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    'In the current generation where judging people on the factors of individual differences and backgrounds are emphasised to be non-discriminate and neutral, what proportion of students perceive those with a criminal past equally to to those with a history of psychiatric illness; what affects the students' opinions- are they more likely to treat the mentally ill with more sympathy for example?'.

You could also define what you'll be considering a criminal/psychological illness to be, too. I.e what sort of crimes make up a criminal? Will you be using 'soft' examples or more 'serious' ones?

I ain't a language expert, but wanted to reply as you bumped a few times.
    Brilliant! That's good thank's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.