nayana71
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i did context 1 For the 12 marker i spoke about the price mechanism...and i drew a diagram shifting supply to the left and increased prices etc. For the 25 marker i didnt have enough time to write about monopoly so i just did income inequality and negative externalities wikl i loose marks? Also i didnt have enough time to finish my conclusion....For the 8 marker i didnt use any units i screwed this paper
erikawilliams
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I talked about the rationing and signalling functions for the 12 marker and drew a simple diagram with it. I spoke mainly about income inequality on the 25 marker, also a bit on monopoly but not much. Does anyone know if you have to speak about all 3 market failures (neg externalities, monopoly and income inequality) to get a decent mark?
avz8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be honest it should be fine if you didn't talk about monopolies as long as you explained income inequality and negative externalities (any 2 out of the 3), identifying the market failures and correctly describing the interventions that can be used to prevent a market failure, Also giving evaluation and talking about what would occur if left to the free market, should score you 16+ easily.
Johnny98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can anyone remember for the context 1 25 marker. Did it say such as? If it did then I would be fine with talking about one hopefully.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads