Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am a private Candidate outside of UK.
    I've had a rough year so far. I wrote my IGCSE maths paper recently and it seems that I have messed it up yet again. This is the second time I failed IGCSE maths. Last November, I took the first exam and failed that. I also got a G in Science. I've had and still have severe health problems for 2 years now, as a result I have not been able to do well in my Exams.
    I managed to pass English with a "C" but I don't think that's enough for me move forward.
    I feel completely hopeless now, I am in fact home schooled so It seems impossible for me get into a regular school with grades as horrible as these. I also cannot work or find a job due to bad health conditions. I desperately wanted to go to College or Take AS/A levels and even University. But How do I continue my education now?
    Will I be able to get admission in any schools back in UK Without GCSEs?
    I've already lost 2 years of my life because of bad health and I can't even move forward without better results. I can't wait till november to resit them, If there will be any sort of GCSE exams held in the coming month or two? I might be able to take them.
    But Without GCSEs will I be able to make it to Year 12 somehow?
    What do I do?

    You could try explaining this to schools or colleges. Quite a few colleges are not that strict for grades, I know mine isn't. People managed to get in without the standard 'C' grade in English which is usually required. You have this though so you should be fine. Regarding maths and science again you can resit them too (if you aren't already). Just try apply to a college that doesn't mind that much. They will encourage you to resit exams and even offer free support such as textbooks, revision classes and 1 to 1 tutoring.

    I hope you're okay and that things work out. Good luck
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.