Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

I held the door open for two people and they said thank you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    But I didn't say you welcome.

They must off walked away saying 'wow what a **** he was'

ReputationRep:
    Thank goodness. You didn't want to be known as the guy who said "you welcome" instead of "you're welcome."

ReputationRep:
    Nope. If you say you're welcome they take it for granted you are a nice guy and it's in your job description.

By not saying anything you remain in their mind in a more meaningful way (more alpha, like you're controlling who you approve of going in aka a bit like a club bouncer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    Nope. If you say you're welcome they take it for granted you are a nice guy and it's in your job description.

By not saying anything you remain in their mind in a more meaningful way (more alpha, like you're controlling who you approve of going in aka a bit like a club bouncer).
    wth is your obsession with alpha

thats so beta

only idiots and those lacking in self esteem care about these dumb concepts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverTooLatte)
    Thank goodness. You didn't want to be known as the guy who said "you welcome" instead of "you're welcome."
    Wait so did I actually do good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngb9320)
    Wait so did I actually do good?
    Yes. In all seriousness, nobody that has ever held a door open for me has said "you're welcome" in response. It seems far too polite (the action speaks for itself), and it would seem far too formal if you did say that. JMO! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    wth is your obsession with alpha

thats so beta

only idiots and those lacking in self esteem care about these dumb concepts
    I like iAmanze but I have noticed this

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    you should go eat potatoes to ease your guilt.

ReputationRep:
    No one says you're welcome when they do it to me. Nor do I say you're welcome when I do it for them.

I got stung by a ***ing wasp!

ReputationRep:
    Surely this must be a troll? Who in the history of the world has wanted to kill themselves for not saying you're welcome..?

ReputationRep:
    Yes most definitely do kill yourself. It is a horrible horrible sin you have committed.
    You have no reason to live anymore imo

In all seriousness, they probably thought nothing of it and were probably just thinking wow that guy's so nice, since that was very sweet of you and it's pretty rare imo

ReputationRep:
    They should be grateful that you held the doors for them.

ReputationRep:
    I say "you're welcome" for people, but they don't say it to me. You've got nothing to worry about, not many people say it.

ReputationRep:
    I just smile.You done the service.Why waste your breath on these strangers.Somrtimes they dont say anything and just smile.I acknowledge them as my equals.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.