The Student Room Group

CCEA Economics A21

Anyone do this exam, if so what did you think off it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thought it was OK. But feel as if I messed it up somehow. What did you think??
Reply 2
Yeah, what did you write for 1 d, I don't feel that I wrote enough!
1a I also feel I didn't write enough
Also what essay did you choose?
(Btw original name)
Reply 3
Original post by Derrylad
Yeah, what did you write for 1 d, I don't feel that I wrote enough!
1a I also feel I didn't write enough
Also what essay did you choose?
(Btw original name)

I just wrote about how they aren't doing anything wrong etc. But thinking about my argument was probably one sided. What did you write for 1 b. Did you say how it's monopolistic or how it's more monopoly. ( I couldn't think of an orginal name lol)
Original post by derrylad2
I just wrote about how they aren't doing anything wrong etc. But thinking about my argument was probably one sided. What did you write for 1 b. Did you say how it's monopolistic or how it's more monopoly. ( I couldn't think of an orginal name lol)

You mean Monopolistic and oligopolistic?
Reply 5
Original post by Penguinfarts
You mean Monopolistic and oligopolistic?

Yeah but everyone coming out of the exam was telling me it was actually monopolies and oligopolies you had to write about
Reply 6
It was monopoly or oligopoly. Not monopolistic competition and oligopoly although the question was poorly worded by saying monopltist
Yeah but everyone coming out of the exam was telling me it was actually monopolies and oligopolies you had to write about

Then they are idiots because the paragraph was talking about how using e-books individual authors can become published (Monopolistic) Then you talk about the fact the big six still own 88% of the market and how that is oligopolistic.
Reply 8
An industry can be both oligopolistic and monopolistic competition as monopolist competition requies a large no. Of buyers and sellers oligopoly is small number of buyers and sellers
Reply 9
An industry can be both oligopolistic and monopolistic competition as monopolist competition requies a large no. Of buyers and sellers oligopoly is small number of buyers and sellers

*can't

Oligopoly isn't just a small number of buyers and sellers, It is a small number of buyers and sellers controlling a large % but a lot of small sellers controlling the rest.
*can't

What essays did youns do. I did the government policies one.
Reply 12
Oligopoly isn't just a small number of buyers and sellers, It is a small number of buyers and sellers controlling a large % but a lot of small sellers controlling the rest.

No - you had to write about the merger becoming a monopoly and the industry being oligoply
Reply 13
Was gov policies q4 because that's the one I did
Reply 14

Just to clarify how did you answer q4? Did you do monopoly & oligopoly or monopolistic and oligopoly
Was gov policies q4 because that's the one I did

Yeah it was number 4. Overall it was an alright paper just some silly mistakes and little time
Just to clarify how did you answer q4? Did you do monopoly & oligopoly or monopolistic and oligopoly

I did Monopolistic, But at most I can lose half marks on that question so it isn't much to worry about, my other answers will make up for it.
Reply 17
Yeah it was number 4. Overall it was an alright paper just some silly mistakes and little time

Yes part a I just defined and drew diagram part b I just went through trade able pollution permits, regulation, property rights, subsidies & taxes and evaluated them - please tell me this is what you did because I have a tendency to misinterpret questions
Reply 18
I did Monopolistic, But at most I can lose half marks on that question so it isn't much to worry about, my other answers will make up for it.

Yeah, you never know you could be right some smart people in my class did that aswell!
It was poorly worded though!
Yes part a I just defined and drew diagram part b I just went through trade able pollution permits, regulation, property rights, subsidies & taxes and evaluated them - please tell me this is what you did because I have a tendency to misinterpret questions
Yeah I did that did you do like de merit good diagrams and merit good diagrams? I though the answer to the first part of the question was vegue enough. But by evaluate do mean basically give positives and negatives of the policies then say if they would be useful or not?

Quick Reply

Latest