Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinfarts)
    Ok I just checked my raw marks from last year and you are right, my teacher has been lying to me for the past 2 years then xD which isn't a surprise because she can barely teach (she doesn't understand exchange rates and she gave us the wrong diagram for sale and revenue maximisation)
    Do youns have the raw mark grade boundaries from last year my teacher didn't show me any of them

ReputationRep:

Wow so you did monopoly, oligopoly and monopolistic ! lol but yeah your right it was a really poorly worded question i only went with monopoly over monopolistic because in the text it said combined market share of over 28% which is over 25% which is how competition commission defines monopoly.[/QUOTE]

But it then said competition was high due to high number of independent publishers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrylad)
    Yeah, what did you write for 1 d, I don't feel that I wrote enough!
    1a I also feel I didn't write enough
    Also what essay did you choose?
    (Btw original name)
    talk about the co-operation tax as being a hindrance on the firm as they have less money for R&D and dynamic efficiency etc etc.

what about the essay did you do 3 on perfect comp. and the theories of the firm? or do you know of anyone who did it, I am worried about whether or not I even answered it correctly now.

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys remember what youns wrote for 1a?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any predictions as to what is on A22?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any predictions as to what is on A22?
    Well I think the chances of the EU not being on it are rather low.

ReputationRep:
    i though that too maybe eu case study and then bop etc essays

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the chances of the EU not being on it are rather low.
    ^^
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    i though that too maybe eu case study and then bop etc essays
    That would be a dream, I love BOP since you can relate almost every single topic we have ever done into it, EU in Data questions is usually the easiest format for those types of questions as well. We were all guessing EU just because it has been such a hot topic recently, though admittedly I wasn't expecting 50 shades of grey on the first paper.

ReputationRep:
    That would be a dream, I love BOP since you can relate almost every single topic we have ever done into it, EU in Data questions is usually the easiest format for those types of questions as well. We were all guessing EU just because it has been such a hot topic recently, though admittedly I wasn't expecting 50 shades of grey on the first paper.
    True! It would be Greece or britian exit if ccea were topical, however you never know with ccea
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    True! It would be Greece or britian exit if ccea were topical, however you never know with ccea
    We will probably end up getting a question about how the price of Nutella has risen because of global warming and a reduction in the supply of hazelnuts and excess demand for chocolate knowing CCEA.
    Though tbh CCEA are no were near as bad as AQA for random questions in subjects, I have to suffer goddamn AQA biology and I might as well be doing economics for some of those questions and Latin for the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiahcollins)
    Q3 Part A I defined PC and wrote about profits/losses acting as an incentive for firms to enter/leave the industry ie changes in supply, seen after that the question asked about changes in demand lol

Part B I wrote about the different characteristics/assumptions of different market structures and how they're unrealistic (because of modern technology/globalisation, the principle agent problem and managerial theories like moral hazard and profit satisficing) but it was very vague - I ran out of time

What did you write?
    part A I talked about the short run and the long run and drew the firm and industry diagrams for a p/c mkt to show effect of increase in demand. but emphasis should be on the short run and long run.

part B I went down of talking about behavioural theories and managerial theories as well as profit maximising and talking about how realistic they are and finished with the view that they are only benchmarks...I also talked about the fact that CSR corporate social responsibility is most real behavioural theory in modern times...and talked too about contestable markets and p/c mkts with oligopoly and their drawbacks in reality...most important thing was to get in Baumols quote "the theory of contestable markets doesn't populate the world of reality than perfect competition does"

2 days and counting get studying I reckon development and trade vs aid will come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieDe)
    part A I talked about the short run and the long run and drew the firm and industry diagrams for a p/c mkt to show effect of increase in demand. but emphasis should be on the short run and long run.

part B I went down of talking about behavioural theories and managerial theories as well as profit maximising and talking about how realistic they are and finished with the view that they are only benchmarks...I also talked about the fact that CSR corporate social responsibility is most real behavioural theory in modern times...and talked too about contestable markets and p/c mkts with oligopoly and their drawbacks in reality...most important thing was to get in Baumols quote "the theory of contestable markets doesn't populate the world of reality than perfect competition does"

2 days and counting get studying I reckon development and trade vs aid will come up!
    As an essay or case study?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Derrylad;55895267]As an essay or case study

essay learn the mark scheme for the development q that comes up every year
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    There really aren't that many diagrams for A22 right? I mean Trade creation and Diversion, J curve and then it is mainly just using demand and supply diagrams.

ReputationRep:
    There really aren't that many diagrams for A22 right? I mean Trade creation and Diversion, J curve and then it is mainly just using demand and supply diagrams.

yea exchange rates just require basic D&S diagrams and then protectionist measure i.e. tariffs and subsidies there are diagrams you should learn

ReputationRep:
    Good luck lads for tommorrow, hope it goes well for youse

ReputationRep:
    Good luck lads for tommorrow, hope it goes well for youse
    cheers lad. same to yourself!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys think? I was sad I didn't get a good question on the Euro, so I just did no 3 since I had done a similar question for revision.

ReputationRep:
    Hi what did you think of 2 and 4?

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.