Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Does Wales count as Travel? Philosophy Festival in Wales Watch

• Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I posted this in the philosophy forum, but thought you guys might be interested too?

I've not been (yet!), but apparently it's one of the best and friendliest festivals in the UK.

We've also got a competition in the Evening Standard: http://www.standard.co.uk/esrewards/...-10232129.html

Hope you don't mind the repost, but thought you might appreciate knowing about the competition. There isn't a competition specific part of TSR is there? If there was enough interest I could do a specific competition for TSR members to win a couple of tickets?

Original post below....
    -------
    Is anyone thinking of going to HowTheLightGetsIn? It's in Hay-on-Wye at the same time as the Hay Festival from 21st March to 31st March.

It's billed as the "World's largest music and philosophy festival" and whilst it's our first year there (we're sponsoring part of it), from people who've been before, apparently it's great fun. 30,000 people who are interested in philosophy and there's some pretty well-known bands, artists and comedians playing such as Mike Skinner, and the list of philosophy talks is mouth-watering - https://howthelightgetsin.iai.tv/

Here at NCH we're running a 'school' for lower-sixth form aged people at the festival, but if you're at uni and thinking of attending, feel free to swing by our tent and say hello! We'll be running a pub quiz one night, if that's your kind of thing...

If you do know anyone who is still at school who might like the IAI school, please feel free to point them to www.nchum.org/festival! Where there are more details.

So, who is coming then?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.