Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

worried about my AQA sociology exam tomorrow! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Read the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risteard)
    You will lose significant marks if you don't mention sociologists, I know, I'm an examiner.
    my teacher said we didn't reallyhave to as long as we knew their study.. i.e 'a sociologist said' etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallingleaves97)
    my te
    acher said we didn't reallyhave to as long as we knew their study.. i.e 'a sociologist said' etc
    Have you seen the mark scheme?

Has your teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallingleaves97)
    my teacher said we didn't reallyhave to as long as we knew their study.. i.e 'a sociologist said' etc
    Just go and do your best. If you don't know then now...you don't know them.

Best wishes

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the mark scheme?

Has your teacher?
    no I haven't seen the mark scheme and neither has my teacher -_- of course we have. my teacher is an AQA examiner.

what kind of a question is that?

I know the theorists I was just pointing it out in general for others as surely what was said really matters and not as much WHO it was said by. its just a name?

ReputationRep:
    In the past i have told lazy students what they don't want to hear. I'm not the sort of teacher who indulges the lazy, or feeds the false hope of those doing particular subjects who think they can get into Russell Group universities whilst claiming that sociology is a weak A level - however one that can get you into a 'top university'.

If you look at my wall you will see several satisfied 'customers'

Anyhow. This conversation is over.
    But, there is still a level of professionalism that a teacher/examiner should uphold at all times. Judging by some of your posts on this thread, you have not maintained that standard. If I didn't know your background as a teacher or examiner, I would think you were just an arrogant student that is good at sociology.

But looking at your other posts thats not on this thread, you do seem quiet helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Just go and do your best. If you don't know then now...you don't know them.

Best wishes
    I apologise for my curt Ness. I had just woken up.

I hope you do well.

ReputationRep:
    You were right!! Policies and childhood came up as the 24 markers. How did you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahsinkabir)
    You were right!! Policies and childhood came up as the 24 markers. How did you know?
    The paper got leaked like 5 days before the exams lool. Nah I'm joking, it was just an educated guess I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Omg that exam was so good!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post55731179 new forum for unit 2!!

ReputationRep:
    Social policy is: Government, and social agencies decisions and laws about the family eg. The Gay Marriage Act 2014 encouraged family diversity.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.