Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I live with my and little sister and I want to go to university to do an animation course but she wont fill in her bit for student finance because she wants to know if people will be coming to her and expecting her to pay upfront for the course (which would be £9,000) if I left after a few months or a month of the year without completing the course because I didn't like it or through illness such as sudden fainting and I have gone through student finance to do it? Also I would have a high maintenance grant given to me so would they expect us to pay that back too as quick as possible if I just decided to leave the course?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

First of all we would never take into consideration your aunt's income, we would only ask about your parents. If your aunt is your legal guardian and has evidence to prove this we can accept a copy of this and we will assess you as independent. Alternatively, if you are estranged from your parents, you can send a letter from a professional person such as a doctor, teacher, etc who can demonstrate your estrangement and we will also assess you as independent.

Only the person who receives loans and grants from us would be liable for them if you left a course early, we would never seek to have these re-paid by anyone else.

Thanks.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.