The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone. I did the OCR Ethics 1 and 2 GCSE exams today - did anyone else do these papers today, and what were your thoughts?

I've got AQA Biology Unit 2 and 3 tomorrow. My issue is, I keep thinking I don't know the material thoroughly enough but then when faced with the questions it all just rolls off so I kind of wing the revision a bit. Anyway, good luck those doing Biology and/or French tomorrow!
Original post by electric33
I hope it's genetic testing because that's really easy to score 6 marks on :biggrin: i forgot to mention the nitrogen and carbon cycles for B3! They could come up as well :smile:

I hope so but knowing OCR they'll be like Mary's children have cystic fibrosis and then they'll ask us something totally different like whens Marys birthday or something
Did anyone else do the Edexcel RE Unit 1 paper today? I found it ridiculously easy, so I bet the grade boundaries will be really high. Although the whole paper was just identical past questions from earlier years...
Original post by abbeyjayne
What exam board are you doing? I'm on OCR 21st century science!!!!

Same b123 tomorrow !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abbeyjayne
Aww good luck! I'm sure you'll smash them! A few of my friends are doing Edexcel French actually. I do Edexcel Spanish though and they're on Friday! D-: I found a thread for OCR 21c Biology if you have a look :smile:

Ive got spanish on friday as well...absolutely dreading it
PLEASE MYGCSESCIENCE LOGIN DETAIL/ WEBSITE WHERE I CAN GET THEM

please. I cri
Original post by chocolatesauce
I hope so but knowing OCR they'll be like Mary's children have cystic fibrosis and then they'll ask us something totally different like whens Marys birthday or something

Lol yeah I know can't wait to get this b1 b2 b3 exam over and done with! Good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:.
On the wjec RS exam today - that question about vocation so many people didn't know the meaning I bc vacation at my school?!? You had to write about how religion affects the persons life so they become nuns or monks and lead lives of celibacy to attain closeness to God or how they believe God say ps that they should give back through charity work. This one girl thought IT was vacations and started writing about pilgrimage and another started talking about religious worship. This one guy just wrote 'God Says No' lmao
Aqa b2/b3 predictions??? Last minute CRAM
Original post by Clintbarton
Aqa b2/b3 predictions??? Last minute CRAM

the specifics of speciation - AQA love speciation :s-smilie:
Yeah, I didn't think that it was that hard but it got agitating that they would phrase the question in such a difficult way and some where not what i had even learned! There was this particularly annoying police question...
Original post by florcrst
Hello everyone. I did the OCR Ethics 1 and 2 GCSE exams today - did anyone else do these papers today, and what were your thoughts?

I've got AQA Biology Unit 2 and 3 tomorrow. My issue is, I keep thinking I don't know the material thoroughly enough but then when faced with the questions it all just rolls off so I kind of wing the revision a bit. Anyway, good luck those doing Biology and/or French tomorrow!

Yeah I did the ethics papers.....and it was honestly surprisingly okay (except for the weird part E in Religion and Equality where it asked for one thing for three marks???) How did you find it?:smile:

Eh, same but not really looking forward to biology tomorrow - but it sounds like you've got that exam technique down :biggrin:

Good luck for tomorrow!!:redface:
Anyone do Citizenship edexcel? God, was mine hard! I've been predicted A* but man am i depressed at today's performance. Absolutely appalling. Hopefully, coursework will ensure my grade.:colondollar:
Original post by Schooltomato
I forgot to fill in the tiny box which said something like how many pages or booklets used and I'm scared that it might not be marked 😱😱😱

I did that too, don't worry I'm not :smile: they will figure it out
Reply 194
Original post by Adil Butt
Anyone do Citizenship edexcel? God, was mine hard! I've been predicted A* but man am i depressed at today's performance. Absolutely appalling. Hopefully, coursework will ensure my grade.:colondollar:

It was quite difficult wasn't it!?
Original post by electric33
Lol yeah I know can't wait to get this b1 b2 b3 exam over and done with! Good luck for tomorrow :biggrin:.

good luck! I hope we both do well :smile:
Original post by Schooltomato
A lot of people made that mistake but will that stop AQA from still going on and marking our papers?? Hopefully they do but I'm stressed.

Is that in reply to the person who said they forgot to fill in how many pages they did? If so, it's nothing to worry about - they'll still mark them. :tongue:
Original post by chocolatesauce
good luck! I hope we both do well :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Thomas12345
Ive got spanish on friday as well...absolutely dreading it

You'll be fine! Just learn the vocab and you'll be good to go! I recommend SAM learning as they have good listening tasks and Memrise search Edexcel GCSE Spanish and it will help you learn new words e.g ive learnt that añadir means to add.

Original post by Jitesh
Same b123 tomorrow !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! You'll be fine! :smile:
Good luck all! Im off to school now woo and ahh :s :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest