How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashbombash)
    Just did AQA french reading and listening and AQA B2 and B3 :B
    How did you find French??

ReputationRep:
    I found the reading harder than the listening

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the gcse Ict short course with the wjec exam board tomorrow? How are we feeling about this exam?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do edexcel french today? how did you guys find it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zane2009)
    did anyone do edexcel french today? how did you guys find it :/
    Yeah, I did Edexcel French. I found it harder than a lot of the past papers and mocks I've done. The last listening question about the drinks I completely guessed. I heard about two answers and made up the rest :confused: You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24061999)
    Wat did u get for the question on why Christians promote racial harmony
    You mean the ocr ethics part e question on how religion cannot overcome racism?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh first GCSE out of the way..French. A absolute nightmare, typically I do fairly well on listening and reading around 29-30 marks or so each, but todays edexcel paper was nasty. I keep stressing out if I did a mistake or left something out ugh. I am so nervous, every time I crossed a answer in the box, I drew a line through it like it says on the paper but I feel like I done something wrong. Ughhh.

Tomorrow, RS life issues AQA, quite nervous, but revised for it. For the six markers I normally do two-sided paragraphs one for and one against and include a religious quote and just explain it and manage to get 5 or 6/6 each time.

ReputationRep:
    How did you do in French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josaltzman)
    Yeah, I did Edexcel French. I found it harder than a lot of the past papers and mocks I've done. The last listening question about the drinks I completely guessed. I heard about two answers and made up the rest :confused: You?

wait what drinks I thought it was something about her going to the airport and like whether she like watched tv, talked to her mum or sleep. Yeah, I did the 2014 and others and it was beautiful so easy and nice. This one was horrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_dreamer)
    Ahhhhh first GCSE out of the way..French. A absolute nightmare, typically I do fairly well on listening and reading around 29-30 marks or so each, but todays edexcel paper was nasty. I keep stressing out if I did a mistake or left something out ugh. I am so nervous, every time I crossed a answer in the box, I drew a line through it like it says on the paper but I feel like I done something wrong. Ughhh.
    I agree! French was so difficult! I can't stand those X box things either. I much prefer tick boxes.

ReputationRep:
    wait what drinks I thought it was something about her going to the airport and like whether she like watched tv, talked to her mum or sleep. Yeah, I did the 2014 and others and it was beautiful so easy and nice. This one was horrid.
    Maybe there's a difference between iGCSE and GCSE? I just did the GCSE one. It was difficult though.

ReputationRep:
    I know about the vas deferens now, didn't before the exam XD. I don't think you needed to talk about respiration since the question was only asking about how the levels are maintained. Yeah, the percentage loss question. At first I wrote 8%, but when I checked through my answer I realised that doesn't make sense and that I forgot that it's 100-8, but got 92% in the end! I did the French AQA too. The hardest question on the reading was probably the last one. On the listening I lost marks on the one about the married couple. The last question was nice and easy though!

ReputationRep:
    I agree! French was so difficult! I can't stand those X box things either. I much prefer tick boxes.
    Just praying for low grade boundaries here, like really. Yeah but do you think if i just put a line through the wrong one and wrote the correct one it will be fine.... aghhh stressing. Though, the reading 8 marker I think was much nicer than other years

ReputationRep:
    For listening I wasn't sure what the survey was about for the education one and found it quite hard overall.I can't remember what I did for the last question For reading I was confident until right at the end where I got paranoid and changed my answers for two questions when I had the right answer in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Just praying for low grade boundaries here, like really. Yeah but do you think if i just put a line through the wrong one and wrote the correct one it will be fine.... aghhh stressing. Though, the reading 8 marker I think was much nicer than other years
    I'm sure it'll be fine. I crossed one, thought it was wrong, drew a line through it, then realised it was right. I had to try and put a tick next to it to show what I was talking about. Hopefully the boundaries are pretty low.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there's a difference between iGCSE and GCSE? I just did the GCSE one. It was difficult though.

I do the GCSE one too? The last question for reading about was some holiday camp and the last listening was like on either around town and two people spoke and you had to like choose 4 boxes and then one on like some girl going on holiday and the plane was late or not something like that. It was the higher paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenayounis)
    Same
    Me too. I'm doing Of Mice and Men and Unseen Poetry

ReputationRep:
    I do the GCSE one too? The last question for reading about was some holiday camp and the last listening was like on either around town and two people spoke and you had to like choose 4 boxes and then one on like some girl going on holiday and the plane was late or not something like that. It was the higher paper
    Yeah, I do the higher paper too. Okay, I have no idea what this is about or why they're different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxolucinda)
    Exam Subject: French
    Exam Board: Edexcel
    Level: Higher
    Feeling:

The reading was definitely better than the listening, but not so much. A lot of questions where I couldn't work out what answer they wanted me to put, especially for Question 8. The listening on the other hand, don't even go there. It didn't help that I had some boy in my year turning his paper 5 times and making a very distracting noise every time the question was repeated.
    ME TOO! I was so disappointed with the listening and made some educated guesses for the 8 marker but reading gave me a glimpse of hope. Then I saw other people's answers on TSR and now I've just lost all hope :/
    Ah, and thats a shame you had to be next to someone so distracting~

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just did AQA french reading and listening and then Biology B1 edexcel.. that exam was a god send omgg!!! how did everyone else do?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.