Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newromanticss)
    Did anyone do sociology? I thought it was harder than the past papers.. Especially the twelve mark questions
    Are you on about the OCR one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brithday)
    the prelease for sociology ocr was soo hard half of the define terms were not even in the pre relase such as observation scheme
    I thought the same! The 12 marker was difficult too!!

ReputationRep:
    I know it was hard AF, the booklet style was crap aswell

ReputationRep:
    Where's the thread that has people's answers to the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josaltzman)
    Yeah, I do the higher paper too. Okay, I have no idea what this is about or why they're different

That is very weird......... what do you mean it was about drinks though?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did Edexcel French. I found it harder than a lot of the past papers and mocks I've done. The last listening question about the drinks I completely guessed. I heard about two answers and made up the rest :confused: You?
    I did the Edexcel French Higher tier. I genuinely didn't find it as hard as when I did last years paper as a mock but french is my best subject :/ I didn't like the reading question where it asked for two positive aspect about buying books online, it really confused me. Plus the cross box question that had something to do with car share in it was nasty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_mo)
    Hi,

With the 3-4 markers they include it in the question. For example, they could ask, 'Religious believers should not eat meat'. What are your opinions? Explain your opinion. With this type of question you don't have to refer to a religious teaching or quote. However, if they ask you a question like 'Explain why some religious believers think that human life is more valuable than animal life. Refer to religious beliefs and teachings in your answer.', you MUST use religious quotes or teachings.

5 MARKERS - My teacher said that AQA had just recently added these into the exam paper. She told us just to approach them as you would with a 6 marker. That's all. She says that way you would have secured the 5 marks that you need to get the top grades (A/A*).

Hope that clarified any doubts.
    Good Luck!
    will they have 5 markers as well as 6 mark questions do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomadPrincess)
    Is anyone doing the gcse Ict short course with the wjec exam board tomorrow? How are we feeling about this exam?
    I'm doing OCR's one of this but I'm sure it's pretty similar right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshuPayshu)
    ohhhh .... which essay did you do ?
    number 4-rights and freedom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_dreamer)
    drinks?!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NomadPrincess)
    Is anyone doing the gcse Ict short course with the wjec exam board tomorrow? How are we feeling about this exam?
    is this unit 1? if so pretty good! what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Found the reading so easy i was so happy!! the listening went terrible though as the hall echoed so i could not hear anything and guessed all the questions... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo98)
    I did the Edexcel French Higher tier. I genuinely didn't find it as hard as when I did last years paper as a mock but french is my best subject :/ I didn't like the reading question where it asked for two positive aspect about buying books online, it really confused me. Plus the cross box question that had something to do with car share in it was nasty!
    I found 2014 much nicer. I put its very practical and she can send them as gifts online to people ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo98)
    drinks?!:confused:

I don't know?!

ReputationRep:
    I found 2014 much nicer. I put its very practical and she can send them as gifts online to people ?!
    I put it's practical and they can be send directly to recipients so we're on the same lines

ReputationRep:
    One of the last questions on my listening paper was about the advantages and disadvantages of different drinks, like fruit juice and coffee. (Honestly, it was really weird.) And my reading was on some random celebration and an article about smoking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    I think I put something ridiculous like gene switching? So like the switched off ones might be the ones that the drug accept? LOL - bringing 456 into it xD
    Everyone I've spoken to has written something different ahah wow, I wrote about immune systems and side effects (nothing to do with genes but I just wrote from the spec ahaha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    Everyone I've spoken to has written something different ahah wow, I wrote about immune systems and side effects (nothing to do with genes but I just wrote from the spec ahaha)
    Oh **** that sounds better actually. Everyone has different immune systems... hmm...

ReputationRep:
    One of the last questions on my listening paper was about the advantages and disadvantages of different drinks, like fruit juice and coffee. (Honestly, it was really weird.) And my reading was on some random celebration and an article about smoking.
    Thats very weird... on the other thread on the french gcse edexcel paper people mentioned the last one being the airport one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    Oh **** that sounds better actually. Everyone has different immune systems... hmm...
    I'm not sure if it's right, it might scrape one mark but I've no idea how you could get three marks on it... oh well, the grade boundaries should be decent then

How are you feeling for chemistry on thursday?

Poll
Would you rather
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.