Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I did the edexcel bio paper 1 for igcse, anyone else did that one?
    Found it okay, but happy to share doubts with anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilythorb)
    I thought the same! The 12 marker was difficult too!!
    Patently
    some people are saying with was a mistake in the one of the test for sociology ocr I think in the pre relase or the basic in one of the 12 marks.In the pre relase they got the seconday source wrong let just hope the grade boundriases are low as the test was sooo hard.

ReputationRep:
    Same I did both of those but instead of higher I did foundation (French) the paper was relatively easy I just hated the advantage and disadvantage. Anyways, biology (OCR) KILLED ME! I revised for cloning evolution practically the whole of b3 and b2 I was so confident I would get a b or a c. The paper was hard, I'm so upset. Water, kidney, white blood cells, carbon cycle WHERRE WERE THEY! Let's hope physics and chemistry will be good and easy. I'm so upset I literally wanted to cry in the exam. Ugh enough about me. How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    I'm not sure if it's right, it might scrape one mark but I've no idea how you could get three marks on it... oh well, the grade boundaries should be decent then

How are you feeling for chemistry on thursday?
    Honestly, not very confident. Although I'm getting straight B's in chemistry, I'm getting below 30 marks so yeah... little bit worrying

ReputationRep:
    same did OCR too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    Honestly, not very confident. Although I'm getting straight B's in chemistry, I'm getting below 30 marks so yeah... little bit worrying
    Me neither tbh, our teacher never actually teaches us anything - she's just like, yeah this is easy guys

But I'm hoping for an A* really, I was one mark off in the mock so hopefully it all goes okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franm1)
    will they have 5 markers as well as 6 mark questions do you know?
    Hey!

My RS teacher said that it really unpredictable. This was seen with the paper in 2013, which did have them, but wasn't seen in the 2014 paper.

She told us they might try and throw them in but don't let them have one over you! When you see (5 marks) just erase it with your mind and put (6 marks). They're just trying to put you off.

Hope that answers your question!

Keep me posted on how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zane2009)
    did anyone do edexcel french today? how did you guys find it :/
    I did French GCSE exam and i found reading a joke literally.I actually thought i was doing faoundation xD but however the listening was okay. I think i got B/C in listening and an B/A in reading. But overall i should get an A because a got A* in both my french writing assessment and Bs in my speaking assessment. (ᵔᴥᵔ)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    It's not that I got stuck, I knew all the content but I didn't read te questions properly and also my handwriting was hideous so I'm scared they won't be able to read it
    Exam boards have said in the past that the examiners have been used to seeing different types of handwriting so don't worry they'll understand your writing how are you feeling about the C1 - 3 and P1 - 3 exams?

ReputationRep:
    Just did AQA iGCSE Biology triple. I thought it went really well. Anyone else did it?

ReputationRep:
    Me neither tbh, our teacher never actually teaches us anything - she's just like, yeah this is easy guys

But I'm hoping for an A* really, I was one mark off in the mock so hopefully it all goes okay
    Good luck! I think I'll be VERY lucky if I get an A but we'll see. It might all go amazingly on the day

ReputationRep:
    in my French exam on a number of questions I would tick the box and cross it out and tick another, is this going to cause issues in scanning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    Good luck! I think I'll be VERY lucky if I get an A but we'll see. It might all go amazingly on the day
    Thanks, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, good luck to you too!
    No problem & thank you to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Whats effing me up is the fact that we are doing our gcses just now and next year might be sitting our AS exams for the modular courses!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_mo)
    Hey!

My RS teacher said that it really unpredictable. This was seen with the paper in 2013, which did have them, but wasn't seen in the 2014 paper.

She told us they might try and throw them in but don't let them have one over you! When you see (5 marks) just erase it with your mind and put (6 marks). They're just trying to put you off.

Hope that answers your question!

Keep me posted on how it goes!
    thank you! And i shall!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by springleaves)
    Yeah I did the ethics papers.....and it was honestly surprisingly okay (except for the weird part E in Religion and Equality where it asked for one thing for three marks???) How did you find it?

Eh, same but not really looking forward to biology tomorrow - but it sounds like you've got that exam technique down

Good luck for tomorrow!!
    Hey, how did you find the Biology papers? I thought B2 was a little hard but most of B3 was quite good! Just hoping for low grade boundaries! And time to focus on Chemistry now (unit 3 is the worst).
    I'm not sure which question you mean on the Ethics paper for 3 marks.. Was it explaining civil partnerships? Not sure! And in the religion and equality 12 marker was it 'Christians should NOT treat everyone equally'? I thought it was surprisingly ok as well haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ogadszitsyouxox)
    Same I did both of those but instead of higher I did foundation (French) the paper was relatively easy I just hated the advantage and disadvantage. Anyways, biology (OCR) KILLED ME! I revised for cloning evolution practically the whole of b3 and b2 I was so confident I would get a b or a c. The paper was hard, I'm so upset. Water, kidney, white blood cells, carbon cycle WHERRE WERE THEY! Let's hope physics and chemistry will be good and easy. I'm so upset I literally wanted to cry in the exam. Ugh enough about me. How did you find it?
    I know how you feel! Most of the stuff I'd revised wasn't even in the Biology exam. I was hoping for a 6 mark on something like ADH, immunity, or natural selection... Not the nitrogen cycle or that awkward triplet question

ReputationRep:
    anyone feeling prepared for aqa chemistry on thursday? because i'm sure not

ReputationRep:
    I had no exam today
    Spoiler alert:

But I do have another Re exam tomorrow and I'm like

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.