Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AG16)
    I just defined awe and wonder and said that the world is beautiful because it is god given etc and i said it was right to teach that life begins at conception because if people believe that, guilt would be worse if mothers were to abort- would be seen as killing a living being then you could use sikh and buddhist quotes to back that view. not sure if that's right though :/ only had a few mins left at the end but think it went well
    yeah i said the world is beautiful and there is so much undiscovered but my friends put stuff like its the only planet where human life can live, is a gift from god so i won't have got full marks on that. and ahhh thats a good point, wish i'd have put that in. we dont do sikhs but buddhists believe life starts before conception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AG16)
    anyone do the igcse edexcel chemistry paper today? how did everyone find it?
    Yeah I did it. Thought it was quite a good paper. Think I'm on course for an a*. Easier than biology imo

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Yeah I did it. Thought it was quite a good paper. Think I'm on course for an a*. Easier than biology imo

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought bio was better tbh but both were quite good, yeah me too hope I get my A*s though! good luck! now just hope physics is just as doable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The C1, C2, C3 paper I found it fairly easy. Both the Biology and Chemistry contained a lot of data questions. The 6 mark questions on the Nitrogen Cycle (in biology) and the one on the rocks magnetism (in Chem) I found the hardest on the paper.

ReputationRep:
    On the Religious AQA paper, was the abortion question about the different alternative choices to abortion e.g. adoption, or on why a women may chose to have an abortion?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Aqa ict?

ReputationRep:
    I'm SO glad I did my OCR 21st century science "Core" exams (B1 - B3, C1 - C3, P1 - P3) last year (year 10)!! Since I'm doing the Further modules (B7, C7, P7), I think that a huge load was lifted off my back because of the early exam... I think I did pretty good, too!
    As per the exams this year, I think I could have done better with RS (AQA - short course). With French and ICT, I did my best and am pretty confident. I'm nervous about the English Literature exam, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vocare)
    Did anyone do Aqa ict?
    Yep, I did. How did it go for you? Since ICT is mostly logic, I think it went well for me...

ReputationRep:
    I was almost in tears in today's AQA GCSE Chemistry, C2 and C3 exams, anyone else do them? How did you find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franm1)
    that will be why then haha. which ones did you do?
    Early Life, Prejudice, War and Peace and Animal Rights.

ReputationRep:
    How did people find the OCR 21st century chemistry paper? I felt it was quite dodgy - not sure how well i did to be honest. But any opinions on the physics? what do people think's gonna come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    I was almost in tears in today's AQA GCSE Chemistry, C2 and C3 exams, anyone else do them? How did you find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got frustrated too -where were the maths questions??! I didn't understand some of the shorter questions and what they were getting at and I hated the 5 mark question. Definitely lost at least 6 marks (I know for sure), probably many more too haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARiley1765)
    Subject: C2
    I've failed

Completely ****ed it up.

I was doing higher aswell wtf
    I thought C2 was horrible too I've been getting As all year in my past papers but I think this paper was much worse than the others I did in class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarllett)
    I thought C2 was horrible too I've been getting As all year in my past papers but I think this paper was much worse than the others I did in class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was studying all the calculations and there was like two on the test and the rest of the questions my mind just went blank

ReputationRep:
    I was studying all the calculations and there was like two on the test and the rest of the questions my mind just went blank
    I know, I spent ages revising masses in reactions but none of those questions came up! I got PbO15 for the empirical formula question, which doesn't sound right....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren-x-)
    Subject: C2 and C3
    Feeling:

C2 was okay, the questions were sometimes hard to understand as they were so vague. C3: It was annoying because hardly any equations/maths came up and that's where I would've picked up a load of marks Didn't like the 6 mark and definitely got the 5 mark wrong as it was a load if waffle; what did you guys put for the 5 mark q?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh i pretty much just waffled through that one and made up some advantages and disadvantages for it. The only decent mark i could think of was that "method 1 has to be filtered and not all of the precipitate may go through and this will affect the results and accuracy of the experiment" apart from that it was all just lying really :P

Easily the worst question in the paper........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarllett)
    I know, I spent ages revising masses in reactions but none of those questions came up! I got PbO15 for the empirical formula question, which doesn't sound right....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Afraid that's wrong.

I believe the answer is Pb2O3 but I didn't get that.

I got 1 and 1.5 so like one Pb1.5O
    Which I got confused on.. Apparently I needed to times that by 2

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be they've just made the 2015 exams extremely difficult, even last years were okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    legit that 5 mark qu mannnnnnnn what the hell did they expect us to write??? they can't just expect us to make **** up mannnnn smh i was feeling so confident as well and then that question comes along and ruins everything

ReputationRep:
    Afraid that's wrong.

I believe the answer is Pb2O3 but I didn't get that.

I got 1 and 1.5 so like one Pb1.5O
    Which I got confused on.. Apparently I needed to times that by 2
    I checked my answer with the method I learnt from my revision guide as well as the one I was taught in class and I still got PbO15, so I'm not sure what went wrong....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.