Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Jaaaaa ich auch! Ganz nervos I really want an A* in these to get the A* overall. AQA anyone? Let's hope it wasn't as satanic as the French...
    I'm OCR and they are really harsh markers, fingers crossed it isn't too difficult!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I love Lucky Star Nirgilis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franm1)
    aqa?
    I'm with AQA!

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my English Language exam. Yay! Then I recently found out that on the 2 question on the writing paper, we were suppose to argue to stop the school from closing down...Instead of that I persuade them T_T. Kill me... It seems like I am re-sitting English in college Sad times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    I'm with AQA!
    how you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyylulu)
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have been reading all the advice on here but not had to time to respond. I think it went okay. I managed to answer all the questions and look through my answers to see if what I had written linked to the question as well as checking and correcting my SPAG.

Thank you a lot for your encouraging words and the advice you gave me, it really did help when I was in a state of panic.

How did your exam go?
    Aw haha it's my pleasure to help people! Yeah it went really well thanks, I hope that I got an A*/A because I got an A for my language coursework! I wrote 3 pages for part b haha. What was the text on your paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiejoanna)
    Read through the mark scheme and see the requirements for the band you want to achieve for each question, it also gves you sample points and an idea of how to answer! I have mine tomorrow to, wishing you the best of luck!

Plus heres a link to the mark scheme just in case you can't find it!
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-NOV14.PDF
    Thanks, didn't get time to read this :/ How did your exam go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry998)
    Thanks, didn't get time to read this :/ How did your exam go?
    Oh its fine! I think it went ok, I mean I think I included all the points I wanted to achieve! How about you, hope it went ok?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! I have it! So nervous, what exam board do you do?
    Good luck btw!
    My exam board is Edexcel! Good luck too

ReputationRep:
    Oh its fine! I think it went ok, I mean I think I included all the points I wanted to achieve! How about you, hope it went ok?!
    Good good! Yeah mine went really well thanks

ReputationRep:
    After reading the official June 2nd 2015 AQA English Language forum on here, I am now really worried. Like many others, we are over thinking the exam. It's difficult to predict whether I have done well or not. When I came out of the exam I was reassured and was feeling like the exam was okay. Now I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyylulu)
    After reading the official June 2nd 2015 AQA English Language forum on here, I am now really worried. Like many others, we are over thinking the exam. It's difficult to predict whether I have done well or not. When I came out of the exam I was reassured and was feeling like the exam was okay. Now I'm not sure.
    As long as you tried your best you can't ask anything more of yourself. Anyway if you are a C grade for english they are probably a/a* so they would have written something different but you may still have done well if you're feeling good!

ReputationRep:
    Good good! Yeah mine went really well thanks
    That's good! I hope all the rest of your exams go well and then all we have to do is wait for the results to come in!!

ReputationRep:
    Btw for anyone doing German Gcse the website: Duolingo is amazing, try it out!!

ReputationRep:
    That's good! I hope all the rest of your exams go well and then all we have to do is wait for the results to come in!!
    Yeah exactly! What grade are you for English?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly! What grade are you for English?
    A* hopefully! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    A* hopefully! What about you?
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    I think timing is the most difficult thing about english language gcse exam. I spent way too long on questions 1 and 2. Rushed 3 and 4 and spent a fair amount of time on 5 and 6 though I wish I had more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous for AQA geography ah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did my German GCSE today - the reading was fairly easy but the listening was so. bloody. HARD. why wjec.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.