Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Feeling bad about maths
    Foundation paper was really difficult. I've already failed my GCSE Maths twice (once in June last year and once in November.)
    In November I was 4 marks off a C.

I really do not want to have to take maths again in Sixth Form. I'm dreading results day.

ReputationRep:
    Exam: Maths A Non-Calc
    Exam board: Edexcel
    Feeling:

Don't know how will I did, really want to get an A in Maths but I don't know how likely that is...

ReputationRep:
    Who did mathematics a edexcel higher??
    What percentage did you get for the stem and leaf questions ((first one))???

ReputationRep:
    15%, if I remember correctly, there were 3 people taller than 184 cm, so 3/20, and if multiply both the top and bottom by 5, you get 15/100, so 15%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagdaddy123)
    15%, if I remember correctly, there were 3 people taller than 184 cm, so 3/20, and if multiply both the top and bottom by 5, you get 15/100, so 15%.
    if that so it will get me a B

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a rough idea on grade boundaries? I think i got about 66 marks judging by the answers that have come out online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanshaddick)
    Anyone got a rough idea on grade boundaries? I think i got about 66 marks judging by the answers that have come out online
    If you search the exam board online and look at past papers mark schemes, should be grade boundary on that (will be similar or change by +/-1/2 marks)

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyylulu)
    Petrified for my AQA English Language exam! Anyone else freaking out?! I scraped a C with 43 marks in the mock exam but really need a B. I really struggle with the short amount of time we have to complete each question. I have extra time so I get 25% more time meaning that I can spend 15 minutes on each of the 8 mark questions, however I still only manage to write an answer in 25 minutes.

Has anyone got any advice?!?!
    I did thins exam got a G in my mock and ran out of time on the exam you seriously need an extra 30 mins

ReputationRep:
    Angry that there weren't any construction questions in either paper!! Both were a bit iffy, really I hope j get a B- do not want to re-sit next year...

somewhere between 24% and 30% is usually a C
    44-50% B
    64-68% A
    84-88% A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amiee269)
    I did thins exam got a G in my mock and ran out of time on the exam you seriously need an extra 30 mins
    I'm really sorry. I hope your English exam went okay? (if you've sat it already).
    For some English or Maths is a really difficult subject. I really struggle with Maths and I've failed the real GCSE exam twice.

ReputationRep:
    where did you get the answers from (mark scheme) for paper 1

ReputationRep:
    I teach maths at Cambridge university. I can confirm to you right here that 2+3=7.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that was the 6 marker! I had to read it twice to make sure that that was what it was actually asking me. I was expecting a 6 marker on stars to be honest. Or radiation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zc555)
    I'm praying it's a nice paper!
    I was hoping it was a nice paper too! How did the exam go for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electric33)
    I was hoping it was a nice paper too! How did the exam go for you?
    I found it hard but I think I got a high B and I want an A . I hope the Grade boundaries are lower than usual or I'm hoping for a nice calculator paper but I doubt it! How did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas12345)
    Who did mathematics a edexcel higher??
    What percentage did you get for the stem and leaf questions ((first one))???
    It is 15%

ReputationRep:
    21 down. 5 more to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zc555)
    I found it hard but I think I got a high B and I want an A . I hope the Grade boundaries are lower than usual or I'm hoping for a nice calculator paper but I doubt it! How did it go for you?
    Same here (i'm aiming to get an A in Maths too!) - I thought that the first half was easy but the second half was quite hard. I'm also hoping the grade boundaries are lower for that Maths paper, and I'm really hoping that the calculator paper's much easier - I'm planning to take Maths at A level so really need a good grade .

ReputationRep:
    Just finished AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 exam and it was sheer rubbish. Questions poorly set structured, more like a statistics exam than a biology exam, some questions asked were not on the specification. I was confidence when I went in, I was shattered when I came out. Not good at all. I expect grade boundaries to fall to low 40s for an A* which is my target for all sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

Is anybody doing their Physics ISA's (Controlled Assessment) Exam board Edexcel in the next few weeks please?

I am, any help or advise would be great please!

I will be doing a mock paper a week before to give me some preparation and an Idea of what the coursework (my first ever piece) will be?

Thanks

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.