Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Stupid or what? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Put what in the wild? Domesticated horses?

No, I think we should be looking after them seeing as we are responsible.
    OK, well you go ahead and pay for it.

You can't force people to pay for something you personally don't want to see. It sounds quite selfish tbh.

The horse racing industry is self sustained, that is the only way we are going to keep so many horses around. Your idea simply isn't sustainable enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xin Xang)
    Don't look at me. I didn't domesticate or take on the responsibility for a race horse.

You can't force people to pay for something you personally don't want to see. It sounds quite selfish tbh.
    Sorry, what?

The horse racing industry is self sustained, that is the only way we are going to keep so many horses around. Your idea simply isn't sustainable enough.
    Doesn't mean it's right to lame a horse through sport and then shoot it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Don't look at me. I didn't domesticate or take on the responsibility for a race horse.
    So if you won't do anything about it, why should anyone else. If you aren't willing to pay the price, just shut up and stop complaining.

ReputationRep:
    Horse racing is a massive part of the British economy. Quite incomparable to fox hunting.

ReputationRep:
    So if you won't do anything about it, why should anyone else. If you aren't willing to pay the price, just shut up and stop complaining.
    Ok, so let me get this straight.

You see nothing wrong with humans injuring animals through sport, and then shooting them dead when they no longer serve a financial purpose?

You're seriously trying to defend that?

I guess you're not an animal person.

I know it makes a lot of cash, doesn't mean I have to like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)

You see nothing wrong with humans injuring animals through sport, and then shooting them dead when they no longer serve a financial purpose?

There is something wrong about EVERYTHING in the world. Doesn't mean I have to point it out every time. Especially when I don't have a better solution.

I don't care if you like it or not, but keep it to yourself if you don't want to sound stupid. Face it, its the most feasible solution we have to saving horses from extinction. You should be happy that people even care about horse racing, otherwise they'd almost be extinct by now.

But of course, you only care about your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    There is something wrong about EVERYTHING in the world. Doesn't mean I have to point it out every time. Especially when I don't have a better solution.
    So you took part in a conversation where opinions were made that you didn't agree with, now you're all pissy?

I don't care if you like it or not, but keep it to yourself if you don't want to sound stupid. Face it, its the most feasible solution we have to saving horses from extinction. You should be happy that people even care about horse racing, otherwise they'd almost be extinct by now.
    You don't take disagreement too well do you?

Are you suggesting horses would be extinct had it not been for horse racing? You do know other countries exist with... you know.... wild horses? Christ, some countries practically revere them.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised at how upset you are over this. You should probably take a time out and compose yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    So you took part in a conversation where opinions were made that you didn't agree with, now you're all pissy?

Are you suggesting horses would be extinct had it not been for horse racing? You do know other countries exist with... you know.... wild horses?

Honestly, I'm quite surprised at how upset you are over this. You should probably take a time out and compose yourself.
    And you should take time out to go read a book.

You sound like a typical sheltered middle class white person, protesting about things they don't understand and shouldn't interfere with.

I know nothing about horse racing, yet I was able to shred apart your arguments, to the point where you resort to making irrelevant points about my emotion.

Just stick to complaining about your starbucks coffee.
    You're a joke.

ReputationRep:

You sound like a typical sheltered middle class white person, protesting about things they don't understand and shouldn't interfere with.

I know nothing about horse racing, yet I was able to shred apart your arguments, to the point where you resort to making irrelevant points about my emotion.

You're a joke.
    This will be good.

What was my argument and how did you prove me wrong?

Take all the time you need my sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Put what in the wild? Domesticated horses?

No, I think we should be looking after them seeing as we are responsible.

(Original post by A5ko)

Sorry, what?

Doesn't mean it's right to lame a horse through sport and then shoot it.
    (Original post by A5ko)

(Original post by A5ko)

Are you suggesting horses would be extinct had it not been for horse racing? You do know other countries exist with... you know.... wild horses? Christ, some countries practically revere them.

You're a joke.

There you go. Wasn't so hard was it.

So where was your rebuttal?

Where?....

Exactly so keep quiet and know your place.

ReputationRep:
    More activists trying to find something to be all protesty and radical about.

You wait, no doubt many of your friends will soon become these sort of people when they see that people are protesting austerity on Facebook. Many will nerd rage, many will say they're going to the big protest to rage against the nasty capitalism, and zero will go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Boo)
    More activists trying to find something to be all protesty and radical about.

You wait, no doubt many of your friends will soon become these sort of people when they see that people are protesting austerity on Facebook. Many will nerd rage, many will say they're going to the big protest to rage against the nasty capitalism, and zero will go.
    Lol. But I think that protesting about Austerity is far more legitimate than about horse racing. These cuts will be directly affecting our lives. It would be stupid to think that such protests are unfounded. I am just waiting for the official announcement on tuition fees. I'm going uni soon, and I really don't want to get ****ed over.

ReputationRep:
    There you go. Wasn't so hard was it.

So where was your rebuttal?

Where?....

Exactly so keep quiet and know your place.
    You missed the bits above where you tried to tell me that if we didn't have race horses, they'd all be mauled by lions.

You tried.

You also sweetly ignored most of my post content to fit into your 'argument'.

I asked you to defend the killing of lame race horses, you ignored it. Then you rambled on about something to do with lions and starbucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    You missed the bits above where you tried to tell me that if we didn't have race horses, they'd all be mauled by lions.

You tried.

You also sweetly ignored most of my post content to fit into your 'argument'.

I asked you to defend the killing of lame race horses, you ignored it. Then you rambled on about something to do with lions and starbucks.
    **** you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. But I think that protesting about Austerity is far more legitimate than about horse racing. These cuts will be directly affecting our lives. It would be stupid to think that such protests are unfounded. I am just waiting for the official announcement on tuition fees. I'm going uni soon, and I really don't want to get ****ed over.
    The protests will achieve nothing. The protestors are bummed that the party they liked lost the election. A fairly held, free, democratic election. And they're protesting about the result? Its a direct protest against democracy, just because they dont like the result.

Contrary to their opinions, more people voted for austerity than against it, or the tories wouldn't have won, let alone got a majority. They won't stop austerity, they won't call another election, these people will just go, wreck a few streets, no doubt get violent and complain about the police brutality, then everything will go back to normal.

And you won't be screwed over. You'll pay back less money per month, and only apply when you have a higher level of pay (21k plus) So, i'd suggest you pick a degree that will get you a good job, and not do what so many of my friends (notably the activists) have done. Art / history / gender studies / anthropology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    There are only a few thousand at most wild horses in the world and they have an extremely small gene pool(which is contaminated with domestic horses). There are only a few hundred in the wild. One disease etc. could easily wipe out the entire wild global population so they won't survive as a non-domesticated species for much longer. Horse racing won't save these.

There are also domesticated horses that live in the wild. These are not in danger of becoming extinct. Horse racing doesn't have an effect on these populations.

So horse racing doesn't help either subspecies.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.