Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i out 56/12 which is the same as 14/3 but i think you will only loose one mark as your method would be correct

ReputationRep:
    who's excited for FP1 tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I got question 1 wrong
    I divided by (x+y) then divided by Pi because you're dividing a divide by pi it would go on top to make (Pi*A)/x+y
    I thought that was right, but all my friends said they divided by pi x+ y . I saw I could do that but though it didn't look right

ReputationRep:
    Just done OCR C1 exam. Was all good other than Q6. Done a stupid mistake on circle question at the end. Hoping for the best! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Guys for one of the questoms which asked you to prove it doesn't cross the x axis, I didn't do the discriminant as I was checking answers and only just saw that part, so I explained it, saying how it's minimum y point is above the x axis therefore meaning it doesn't intercept it etc. Would that get me any marks?

ReputationRep:
    (-2, 1) was definitely the minimum point, right? Not (-6, 1)? I took a gamble on that one... What did you all get for 'k' on the last question then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by As/A2 Student)
    Just done OCR C1 exam. Was all good other than Q6. Done a stupid mistake on circle question at the end. Hoping for the best! :cool:
    What was Q6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plmoknijbuhv)
    (-2, 1) was definitely the minimum point, right? Not (-6, 1)? I took a gamble on that one... What did you all get for 'k' on the last question then?
    I got -2,1 and k=5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny.L)
    Guys for one of the questoms which asked you to prove it doesn't cross the x axis, I didn't do the discriminant as I was checking answers and only just saw that part, so I explained it, saying how it's minimum y point is above the x axis therefore meaning it doesn't intercept it etc. Would that get me any marks?
    Show the turning point, then state it's a minimum as its a positive parabola

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So did I

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get in the surd question?
    Square root of 72 + 32/square root of 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM2196)
    What did you guys get in the surd question?
    Square root of 72 + 32/square root of 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

22root2

ReputationRep:
    Did people also get -31+6root5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dudeycon)
    22root2
    This was the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats what I got

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For what question?

ReputationRep:
    How man marks was the perpendicular bisection question ? 5 ?

ReputationRep:
    what do you reckon grade boundaries will be? also, i got q12 part i wrong and the factorisation wrong, how many marks have i lost already?

ReputationRep:
    Y=3x-28 for per bisector?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Y=3x-28 for per bisector?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah thats what i got as well

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.