Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    i out 56/12 which is the same as 14/3 but i think you will only loose one mark as your method would be correct

ReputationRep:
    who's excited for FP1 tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I got question 1 wrong
    I divided by (x+y) then divided by Pi because you're dividing a divide by pi it would go on top to make (Pi*A)/x+y
    I thought that was right, but all my friends said they divided by pi x+ y . I saw I could do that but though it didn't look right

ReputationRep:
    Just done OCR C1 exam. Was all good other than Q6. Done a stupid mistake on circle question at the end. Hoping for the best! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Guys for one of the questoms which asked you to prove it doesn't cross the x axis, I didn't do the discriminant as I was checking answers and only just saw that part, so I explained it, saying how it's minimum y point is above the x axis therefore meaning it doesn't intercept it etc. Would that get me any marks?

ReputationRep:
    (-2, 1) was definitely the minimum point, right? Not (-6, 1)? I took a gamble on that one... What did you all get for 'k' on the last question then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by As/A2 Student)
    Just done OCR C1 exam. Was all good other than Q6. Done a stupid mistake on circle question at the end. Hoping for the best! :cool:
    What was Q6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plmoknijbuhv)
    (-2, 1) was definitely the minimum point, right? Not (-6, 1)? I took a gamble on that one... What did you all get for 'k' on the last question then?
    I got -2,1 and k=5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny.L)
    Guys for one of the questoms which asked you to prove it doesn't cross the x axis, I didn't do the discriminant as I was checking answers and only just saw that part, so I explained it, saying how it's minimum y point is above the x axis therefore meaning it doesn't intercept it etc. Would that get me any marks?
    Show the turning point, then state it's a minimum as its a positive parabola

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So did I

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get in the surd question?
    Square root of 72 + 32/square root of 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM2196)
    What did you guys get in the surd question?
    Square root of 72 + 32/square root of 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

22root2

ReputationRep:
    Did people also get -31+6root5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dudeycon)
    22root2
    This was the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats what I got

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For what question?

ReputationRep:
    How man marks was the perpendicular bisection question ? 5 ?

ReputationRep:
    what do you reckon grade boundaries will be? also, i got q12 part i wrong and the factorisation wrong, how many marks have i lost already?

ReputationRep:
    Y=3x-28 for per bisector?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Y=3x-28 for per bisector?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah thats what i got as well

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.