Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    My teacher had the question paper and went through all the answers but I was too eager to get home and start revising stats so I didn't bother writing the answers down or anything lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexParmenter)
    My teacher had the question paper and went through all the answers but I was too eager to get home and start revising stats so I didn't bother writing the answers down or anything lol
    noooooo....

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any specific questions or general questions hit me up with a PM, I'm pretty sure I got (if not 1/2 off) full marks (not trying to be cocky). I also do C2,C3 and FP1 if you need a hand with anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    I think that was to complete the square and hence show that the curve lies above the x-axis.
    I did that but then got 3 instead of 1 then i used that to find k in the last question... how many marks would that cost me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GO97)
    I did that but then got 3 instead of 1 then i used that to find k in the last question... how many marks would that cost me?
    Probably your accuracy mark for 12ii and I think you might get full marks on 12iii as an error carried forward, but I cannot vouch for it I'm just another student like you, never marked an exam in my life.

ReputationRep:
    H

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACMilan323)
    Hey guys in the 5 marker at the end where it asks you to find the range of values for K this is what I did:
    b^2-4ac >0
    (10)^2-4 (3) (13-k) > 0
    100- 12(13-k) > 0
    100- 156 + k > 0
    -56 + k > 0
    k > 56

I know it should be:
    b^2-4ac >0
    (10)^2-4 (3) (13-k) > 0
    100- 12(13-k) > 0
    100- 156 + 12k > 0
    -56 + 12k > 0
    12k > 56
    k > 56/12

Don't know why I made that mistake, but considering it's out of 5 what do you think it'll get...
    Likely 2 marks, it will be a mark for showing discriminant and substituting in correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    If anyone has any specific questions or general questions hit me up with a PM, I'm pretty sure I got (if not 1/2 off) full marks (not trying to be cocky). I also do C2,C3 and FP1 if you need a hand with anything.
    Have you got any tips for revising c2?

ReputationRep:
    I messed up so badly on the stupid circle question, what did you guys get for co-ordinate E? & what was the answer for the 6 mark question inthe circle section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    Have you got any tips for revising c2?
    In general, whenever I do a topic for revision i like to work out another method so I can check it- this will be especially useful with a calculator. So if you have learnt all the material and its just silly mistakes costing you, find ways to check everything by inputing values on your calculator etc. And make sure you can do your calculus well, thats the biggest part of it and easiest to lose marks on

ReputationRep:
    For the question where you h= root 7 I got x= (4+/- root 196)/10

Is tht right or is it just + not + and - ?

ReputationRep:
    Could I just say:

1. How do you guys even know the exam question number let alone the number of marks? I can't remember which question had what number and definately not much it was worth! I just got in the zone and did the question, no distractions!
    2. What is all this worrying going to do now you have done the exam? You might as well focus on your next exam and stop worrying yourself out as it will be detrimental to your confidence. If you do have any burning questions that your life depends on the answer of, fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academic18)

+- is correct, and so is all of what you said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    +- is correct, and so is all of what you said.
    Wasn't it 176?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by AlexParmenter)
    Wasn't it 176?

Apologies, i read that as 176 in my head. Yes it was, as sqrt(196) is 14.

And it was b^2-4ac
    So it was 16 + 160, though cant remember what the numbers were to get 160

ReputationRep:
    Never mind I type too slow :-)

But the - root is < 0 so cannot be used as a length surely? That's what I was always taught anyway.

ReputationRep:
    is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    i got 4+/i root 176/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    Apologies, i read that as 176 in my head. Yes it was, as sqrt(196) is 14.

And it was b^2-4ac
    So it was 16 + 160, though cant remember what the numbers were to get 160

Sorry my mistake, I typed it wrong.. It said to find the x coordinate not coordinates. I think the person above is right, the length cannot be negative so its just + not both + and - .

ReputationRep:
    Sorry my mistake, I typed it wrong.. It said to find the x coordinate not coordinates. I think the person above is right, the length cannot be negative so its just + not both + and - .
    What was the question again?

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.