Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nels98)
    only 2
    read your pms pls

ReputationRep:
    the fact that I have every answer identical makes me feel a bit happier considering I feel like I dropped way more marks than I should have on M2 today

ReputationRep:
    Lol someone please just post an unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fsdfd)
    It was (x-1) (x+1) (x+6)
    Wrong

ReputationRep:
    Got everything right but the inequality. I think I wrote 10x = -12 and then misread it as -2 so ended up with x < -1/5. That is painful - how many marks was it? Goodbye 100UMs

ReputationRep:
    what was Q8 about

ReputationRep:
    What was q8 please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by messupp)
    if you have the questions, could you post them too?
    trying to get the paper now

ReputationRep:
    For section b when we had to factorise fully. i wrote: (x+1)(x+1)(x-6) stupidly. would i still get that mark? i also wrote: x=6, x= -1. :/ i cant afford to lose at least one mark anymore...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorbwfc)
    Does anyone know the correct answers for the reasoning for Question 9?

Thanks btw.
    editing it in now

ReputationRep:
    loads of people have asked so easier to just post a thread with them, will link when i have it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academic18)
    If you put the binomial expansion the other way around i.e. starting with 16 and ending with 81x^4, is it still correct?
    Also for the question where it said to show that the curve is above the x axis, I used b^2 -4ac < 0, I am not sure if thts the correct way to do it.
    Just making sure.
    no you had to use the lowest point from completing the square which was -2,1 if I'm correct

ReputationRep:
    I think i may have dropped around 12 or 13 marks due to some silly mistakes and 12 part i, do you think there's a chance I might still get an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caseylara)
    I think i may have dropped around 12 or 13 marks due to some silly mistakes and 12 part i, do you think there's a chance I might still get an A?
    You 100% will don't worry im thinking around 58 for an A as student room is going to have people that want to do really well you can't judge it by this community getting 65+

However you need to obviously do the same with c2 and s1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    editing it in now
    Cheers, they're the reasons I put down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academic18)
    If you put the binomial expansion the other way around i.e. starting with 16 and ending with 81x^4, is it still correct?
    Also for the question where it said to show that the curve is above the x axis, I used b^2 -4ac < 0, I am not sure if thts the correct way to do it.
    Just making sure.
    Yeah, it's fine

The discriminant being negative shows that their are no intersections with the x-axis, and if it's a positive quadratic that does imply the whole thing is positive, but I think you'd have to justify this carefully

ReputationRep:
    For the question where you had to prove curve was always above x axis I wrote the x value for minimum point wrong but wrote y as 1 would I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post55753987

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homholz)
    Ok, first of all - 'retarded'? Really?

Second of all, when I'm doing exams i don't count the marks as i go along -_-
    But if you dont make a mental note as to where the 'End of Questions' phrase is, or check that there are no questions on the back page, that is, well, retarded. Why risk it for a chocolate biscuit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazLi)
    You 100% will don't worry im thinking around 58 for an A as student room is going to have people that want to do really well you can't judge it by this community getting 65+

However you need to obviously do the same with c2 and s1!
    Thanks for the reassurance. I'm hoping S1 and C2 go better so I can get an A overall.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.