Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the fact that I have every answer identical makes me feel a bit happier considering I feel like I dropped way more marks than I should have on M2 today

ReputationRep:
    Lol someone please just post an unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fsdfd)
    It was (x-1) (x+1) (x+6)
    Wrong

ReputationRep:
    Got everything right but the inequality. I think I wrote 10x = -12 and then misread it as -2 so ended up with x < -1/5. That is painful - how many marks was it? Goodbye 100UMs

ReputationRep:
    what was Q8 about

ReputationRep:
    What was q8 please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by messupp)
    if you have the questions, could you post them too?
    trying to get the paper now

ReputationRep:
    For section b when we had to factorise fully. i wrote: (x+1)(x+1)(x-6) stupidly. would i still get that mark? i also wrote: x=6, x= -1. :/ i cant afford to lose at least one mark anymore...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorbwfc)
    Does anyone know the correct answers for the reasoning for Question 9?

Thanks btw.
    editing it in now

ReputationRep:
    loads of people have asked so easier to just post a thread with them, will link when i have it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academic18)
    If you put the binomial expansion the other way around i.e. starting with 16 and ending with 81x^4, is it still correct?
    Also for the question where it said to show that the curve is above the x axis, I used b^2 -4ac < 0, I am not sure if thts the correct way to do it.
    Just making sure.
    no you had to use the lowest point from completing the square which was -2,1 if I'm correct

ReputationRep:
    I think i may have dropped around 12 or 13 marks due to some silly mistakes and 12 part i, do you think there's a chance I might still get an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caseylara)
    I think i may have dropped around 12 or 13 marks due to some silly mistakes and 12 part i, do you think there's a chance I might still get an A?
    You 100% will don't worry im thinking around 58 for an A as student room is going to have people that want to do really well you can't judge it by this community getting 65+

However you need to obviously do the same with c2 and s1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    editing it in now
    Cheers, they're the reasons I put down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Academic18)
    If you put the binomial expansion the other way around i.e. starting with 16 and ending with 81x^4, is it still correct?
    Also for the question where it said to show that the curve is above the x axis, I used b^2 -4ac < 0, I am not sure if thts the correct way to do it.
    Just making sure.
    Yeah, it's fine

The discriminant being negative shows that their are no intersections with the x-axis, and if it's a positive quadratic that does imply the whole thing is positive, but I think you'd have to justify this carefully

ReputationRep:
    For the question where you had to prove curve was always above x axis I wrote the x value for minimum point wrong but wrote y as 1 would I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post55753987

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homholz)
    Ok, first of all - 'retarded'? Really?

Second of all, when I'm doing exams i don't count the marks as i go along -_-
    But if you dont make a mental note as to where the 'End of Questions' phrase is, or check that there are no questions on the back page, that is, well, retarded. Why risk it for a chocolate biscuit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TazLi)
    You 100% will don't worry im thinking around 58 for an A as student room is going to have people that want to do really well you can't judge it by this community getting 65+

However you need to obviously do the same with c2 and s1!
    Thanks for the reassurance. I'm hoping S1 and C2 go better so I can get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    q1) a=(pie)r^2(x+y) when r>0 find r
    the binomial: (3x-2)^4

q12: y=2x+k, 3x^2+12x+13
    ii) complete the square and explain why the curve doesn't go below the x axis
    iii) What is k when the line touches the minimum point of the curve.
    9b) x^2 is an integer - x is an integer
    3(b) (25/9)^-1/2
    3(a) 10^0 or something

11i: 2 marks
    11ii)
    11iii) 6 marker
    12i) 5 marks
    12ii) 5 marks
    12iii) 2 marks.
    binomial - 4 marks.
    9a - 2 mark
    9b- 2 mark
    3(a) - 1 mark

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.