Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    On 10 c I didn't write it as a bracket, I just explained that it had moved down 36 units and then put the equation instead which was something like f(x)-36

Do you think I would have lost both marks?

I'm so annoyed about 12i I just panicked when I first saw it and then just couldn't do it. I put both equations equal to each other, and then rearranged and wrote down b^2 - 4ac > 0 so hopefully I would have picked up some marks. I know I could have done that question though, should not have panicked

ReputationRep:
    Got 67/72 according to the unofficial mark scheme, chuffed to bits, so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    Got 67/72 according to the unofficial mark scheme, chuffed to bits, so happy!
    Congrats man, where did you get access to the unofficial mark scheme you speak of ?

ReputationRep:
    70/72 yayy The 2 marks I lost was on question 2) I got the equation but i didn't read the last part of the question so missed out 😡 but overall well done to everyone ) no more rants about no one posting a mark scheme sorryyyyy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I can't seem to open the link to the unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Go back a few pages, someone printscreened it. I think around page 23. It will be there.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone plz screenshot/send unoffical mark scheme cant open the link and cant find the screenshots, ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Wow, cheers for saving that, that was a close one!
    No worries man, got the paper photo that someone posted too if you want that.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the questions???

ReputationRep:
    I have attached my workings and answer I gained for 8ii, which I know is wrong but do you think I will gain any method marks for it or was I just wrong?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    I have attached my workings and answer I gained for 8ii, which I know is wrong but do you think I will gain any method marks for it or was I just wrong?
    You'll get all the method marks and probs the b1 mark but for some reason you did 16 + 160 = 156... Haha so you'll loose probs two marks tops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim997)
    You'll get all the method marks and probs the b1 mark but for some reason you did 16 + 160 = 156... Haha so you'll loose probs two marks tops.
    i did that because under the square root i go '16 - - 160' which is 16+160. But oh well, 1 method mark is fine by me! along the lines of a method mark topic. for 12i, i didn't get that one either, but i made both equations equal to each other and wrote b^2 -4ac > 0 on my sheet too, would this be a method mark also? if so that means i got 62/72 and to say I've been getting very low grades all year I'm so pleased with that, its slightly disheartening seeing everyone say they got like 70+ but i was aiming for a C so 62 is fantastic for me

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing on the link youve put there or am i being an idiot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psaxon)
    There's nothing on the link youve put there or am i being an idiot?
    Definitely have as someone else has seen it haha

ReputationRep:
    Can you send me your answers again because they will not load. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    i did that because under the square root i go '16 - - 160' which is 16+160. But oh well, 1 method mark is fine by me! along the lines of a method mark topic. for 12i, i didn't get that one either, but i made both equations equal to each other and wrote b^2 -4ac > 0 on my sheet too, would this be a method mark also? if so that means i got 62/72 and to say I've been getting very low grades all year I'm so pleased with that, its slightly disheartening seeing everyone say they got like 70+ but i was aiming for a C so 62 is fantastic for me
    Oh right I see. Erm I can't remember that question, was it the one with k? If so you probably won't. If it was the question with k I think they were looking for you to sub in the values into b^2 -4ac not just state it as c was 13-k or something along those lines, that was the method mark in that as that will catch a lot out, just stating the b^2... Will you not get you a mark. Yeah I think I got close to full marks, although I did find it more challenging than other papers I've done, so I think grade boundaries will be relatively low. I'd say an A will be just below 60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Question Paper, courtesy of Nels98: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...819&p=55753987
    Props to Mathbomb for writing this with me

1. r = \sqrt{\dfrac{A}{\pi(x+y)}} (2 marks)

2. y = 4x + 10
    Intersection with axes:
    (0, 10), (-2.5, 0)
    (5 marks)

3a. 1 (1 mark)

b. 0.6 (3 marks)

4. x < -1.2 (3 marks)

5. (7/8,19/8) (4 marks)

6a. 6\sqrt{5} - 31 (3 marks)

b. 22\sqrt{2} (2 marks)

7. 81x^4 - 216x^3 + 216x^2 - 96x + 16 (4 marks)

8a. Use Pythagoras (2 marks)

b. x = \dfrac{2+2\sqrt{11}}{5} (3 marks)

9a. False because rhombuses/kites can have diagonals intersecting at 90 degrees. Should be => (2 marks)

b. False; many examples where x^2 is an integer and x is not, e.g. x^2 = 2 so x = \sqrt{2}, which isn't an integer. Should be <= (2 marks)

10a. Should hit x-axis at -3, 2 and 5, y-axis at 30 (3 marks)

b. Expand brackets (2 marks)

c. Translation by the vector
    \begin{pmatrix}

0 \\

\end{pmatrix} (2 marks)

d. (x+1)^2(x-6) (5 marks)

11a. centre is (10,2), r = 5\sqrt{5} (2 marks)

b. A(-1, 0), B(21, 0), D(0, -3), E(0, 7) (4 marks)

c. y = 3x - 28 (6 marks)

12a. k &gt; 14/3 (5 marks)

b. 3(x+2)^2 + 1 (5 marks)

c. k = 5 (2 marks)

Enjoy, hope you all got what you wanted!
    The link doesn't seem to be working ? it won't let me download the paper

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me what is the question 6a?

ReputationRep:
    For 8b will you lose a mark for not cancelling the answer, because it was 4+ square root 176 / something originally and it didn't tell you to cancel it down?....

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.