Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    On 10 c I didn't write it as a bracket, I just explained that it had moved down 36 units and then put the equation instead which was something like f(x)-36

Do you think I would have lost both marks?

I'm so annoyed about 12i I just panicked when I first saw it and then just couldn't do it. I put both equations equal to each other, and then rearranged and wrote down b^2 - 4ac > 0 so hopefully I would have picked up some marks. I know I could have done that question though, should not have panicked

ReputationRep:
    Got 67/72 according to the unofficial mark scheme, chuffed to bits, so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    Got 67/72 according to the unofficial mark scheme, chuffed to bits, so happy!
    Congrats man, where did you get access to the unofficial mark scheme you speak of ?

ReputationRep:
    70/72 yayy The 2 marks I lost was on question 2) I got the equation but i didn't read the last part of the question so missed out 😡 but overall well done to everyone ) no more rants about no one posting a mark scheme sorryyyyy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I can't seem to open the link to the unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Go back a few pages, someone printscreened it. I think around page 23. It will be there.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone plz screenshot/send unoffical mark scheme cant open the link and cant find the screenshots, ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Wow, cheers for saving that, that was a close one!
    No worries man, got the paper photo that someone posted too if you want that.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the questions???

ReputationRep:
    I have attached my workings and answer I gained for 8ii, which I know is wrong but do you think I will gain any method marks for it or was I just wrong?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    I have attached my workings and answer I gained for 8ii, which I know is wrong but do you think I will gain any method marks for it or was I just wrong?
    You'll get all the method marks and probs the b1 mark but for some reason you did 16 + 160 = 156... Haha so you'll loose probs two marks tops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim997)
    You'll get all the method marks and probs the b1 mark but for some reason you did 16 + 160 = 156... Haha so you'll loose probs two marks tops.
    i did that because under the square root i go '16 - - 160' which is 16+160. But oh well, 1 method mark is fine by me! along the lines of a method mark topic. for 12i, i didn't get that one either, but i made both equations equal to each other and wrote b^2 -4ac > 0 on my sheet too, would this be a method mark also? if so that means i got 62/72 and to say I've been getting very low grades all year I'm so pleased with that, its slightly disheartening seeing everyone say they got like 70+ but i was aiming for a C so 62 is fantastic for me

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing on the link youve put there or am i being an idiot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psaxon)
    There's nothing on the link youve put there or am i being an idiot?
    Definitely have as someone else has seen it haha

ReputationRep:
    Can you send me your answers again because they will not load. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethygirl)
    i did that because under the square root i go '16 - - 160' which is 16+160. But oh well, 1 method mark is fine by me! along the lines of a method mark topic. for 12i, i didn't get that one either, but i made both equations equal to each other and wrote b^2 -4ac > 0 on my sheet too, would this be a method mark also? if so that means i got 62/72 and to say I've been getting very low grades all year I'm so pleased with that, its slightly disheartening seeing everyone say they got like 70+ but i was aiming for a C so 62 is fantastic for me
    Oh right I see. Erm I can't remember that question, was it the one with k? If so you probably won't. If it was the question with k I think they were looking for you to sub in the values into b^2 -4ac not just state it as c was 13-k or something along those lines, that was the method mark in that as that will catch a lot out, just stating the b^2... Will you not get you a mark. Yeah I think I got close to full marks, although I did find it more challenging than other papers I've done, so I think grade boundaries will be relatively low. I'd say an A will be just below 60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    Question Paper, courtesy of Nels98: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...819&p=55753987
    Props to Mathbomb for writing this with me

1. r = \sqrt{\dfrac{A}{\pi(x+y)}} (2 marks)

2. y = 4x + 10
    Intersection with axes:
    (0, 10), (-2.5, 0)
    (5 marks)

3a. 1 (1 mark)

b. 0.6 (3 marks)

4. x < -1.2 (3 marks)

5. (7/8,19/8) (4 marks)

6a. 6\sqrt{5} - 31 (3 marks)

b. 22\sqrt{2} (2 marks)

7. 81x^4 - 216x^3 + 216x^2 - 96x + 16 (4 marks)

8a. Use Pythagoras (2 marks)

b. x = \dfrac{2+2\sqrt{11}}{5} (3 marks)

9a. False because rhombuses/kites can have diagonals intersecting at 90 degrees. Should be => (2 marks)

b. False; many examples where x^2 is an integer and x is not, e.g. x^2 = 2 so x = \sqrt{2}, which isn't an integer. Should be <= (2 marks)

10a. Should hit x-axis at -3, 2 and 5, y-axis at 30 (3 marks)

b. Expand brackets (2 marks)

c. Translation by the vector
    \begin{pmatrix}

0 \\

\end{pmatrix} (2 marks)

d. (x+1)^2(x-6) (5 marks)

11a. centre is (10,2), r = 5\sqrt{5} (2 marks)

b. A(-1, 0), B(21, 0), D(0, -3), E(0, 7) (4 marks)

c. y = 3x - 28 (6 marks)

12a. k &gt; 14/3 (5 marks)

b. 3(x+2)^2 + 1 (5 marks)

c. k = 5 (2 marks)

Enjoy, hope you all got what you wanted!
    The link doesn't seem to be working ? it won't let me download the paper

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me what is the question 6a?

ReputationRep:
    For 8b will you lose a mark for not cancelling the answer, because it was 4+ square root 176 / something originally and it didn't tell you to cancel it down?....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.