Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergirlxxxxxx)
    Thread closed. Don't start a fake thread telling people who are already worried about an exam tomorrow about something that goes against what they have planned. Please get a life maybe. Stop sitting around pretending your the chief examiner of every subject in every forum. This is unacceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You just got anally destryoed#applycoldwatertoburn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CancerousProblem)
    lol dude my teacher would take away close to all the marks avaliable in the question if we did -9/2 = -9 even if we had all the working
    u lucky man
    Same here, it was the very last bit of working, so it was the last thing I had to do before getting the answer, so I got the first 2/3 marks for it

ReputationRep:
    i need help, question 7 on the june 2012 paper. How do you do this? i used the quadratic formula but obviously found the points it intercepts the x axis.... this is the only question i got wrote. thanks

ReputationRep:
    b^2-4ac > 0 and you solve it that way

ReputationRep:
    the values are higher than minus root 5 and lower than root 5, this shows its lower than the root 5 which k is so theres no roots

ReputationRep:
    If you've done past papers you'll understand my drift, but does anyone reckon we'll get a horrible reciprocal graph like in Jan 2007? I'm really hoping not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithh98)
    Jan 2013 - u
    June 2013 - u
    June 2014 - c
    June 2015 - hoping for an a i think
    How is that even possible? No offence, but that's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micaela_m)
    Does anyone have any predictions for what the Section B questions might be on? I'm hoping there's one on circles. Also can sin, cos, tan graphs come up for the graphs transformations??
    There was a circle one last year when I did it. I reckon they'll leave it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micaela_m)
    Does anyone have any predictions for what the Section B questions might be on? I'm hoping there's one on circles. Also can sin, cos, tan graphs come up for the graphs transformations??
    I'm almost 100% sure there will be a section b question on completing the square and probably polynomials. I think a question involving a shape such as question 10 on June 2012 May come up. And they can't ask about sin, cos and tan graphs as that's on the c2 spec not the C1

ReputationRep:
    Every section b for c1 is generic, there's an f(x) question.... A circle question...

ReputationRep:
    If you've done past papers you'll understand my drift, but does anyone reckon we'll get a horrible reciprocal graph like in Jan 2007? I'm really hoping not
    Could possibly, hasn't been one like that for a while!! But its okay, when you see a question like that pause and break it down - remember its C1, the maths behind the question wont be too bad. For example for the Jan 2007 instantly break it down into: intersections and circles

ReputationRep:
    This is supposed to be easiest exam as I'm doing C3 this year too, but I'm actually quite worried about it. The number of stupid mistakes I consistently make, like srsly xD

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mei.org.uk/files/pdf/formulae.pdf

Might be a good idea to look through this right now and tomorrow morning ❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    This is supposed to be easiest exam as I'm doing C3 this year too, but I'm actually quite worried about it. The number of stupid mistakes I consistently make, like srsly xD
    Im doing A2 and retaking this exam.. I have exactly the same problem as you haha! Need my calculator for safety!!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulArshad)
    I'm almost 100% sure there will be a section b question on completing the square and probably polynomials. I think a question involving a shape such as question 10 on June 2012 May come up. And they can't ask about sin, cos and tan graphs as that's on the c2 spec not the C1
    How would they do completing the square for Section B like how would they carry it on if you know what I mean, would it turn into a circles thing?
    And okay thanks I will have a look at the shape question in the 2012 paper!
    And okay thanks that's good I knew they couldn't ask specifics but I thought they might ask us to translate/stretch graph etc to test transformations knowledge rather than it being similar to a C2 question.
    Thanks for clearing that up tho!!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain to me how to do f(x) questions. I am getting confused between the factor theorem, the remainder theorem,finding roots and polynomials. Question 12 on the January 2013 paper is an example.

ReputationRep:
    12i) sub in x=1 to the equation. It will equal 0, then divide by (x-1). i got x^3 + x + 10
    12ii) x= -2 is a second root.
    12iii) divide x^3 + x + 10 by (x+2). You should get a quadratic. Then use the discriminant to show that it is less than 0, so the only linear factors are (x+2) and (x-1)

did this paper earlier today

ReputationRep:
    12) i)

Sub x = 1 into f(x). You should get 0 as your answer.

Then divide f(x) by (x - 1) as x = 1 in factor terms is (x - 1). Then you should get a cubic equation and the (x - 1) factor.

ii)

Sub in different numbers into f(x). Try x = -2

iii) The cubic equation you got in part i), divide that by the root you found in part ii) (it should be x = -2).

Then you will get a quadratic equation after dividing it.

Then use the discriminant b^2 -4ac > 0 to probe there are only two roots as the discriminant will come out negative.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=micaela_m;55708659]How would they do completing the square for Section B like how would they carry it on if you know what I mean, would it turn into a circles thing?
    And okay thanks I will have a look at the shape question in the 2012 paper!
    And okay thanks that's good I knew they couldn't ask specifics but I thought they might ask us to translate/stretch graph etc to test transformations knowledge rather than it being similar to a C2 question.
    Thanks for clearing that up tho!![/Q

it'll be a question similiar to Question 11 on January 2013 like it probably ask for intersections and tangents

Hope this helps!

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.