Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesExtra)
    Guys what was the equation that you had to complete the square on??
    I think.... 3x^2+12x+13?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    Wait I thought for the one being above the x axis you work out te min y value and show its greater than 0.

At least that's what I've seen on past mark schemes?
    Yes that's what I did, I found the turning point which shows that that the minimum point of Y is a positive and is therefore above the x-axis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)
    By that you mean k>14/3 ? That's what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep

ReputationRep:
    i cant remember the equation but the answer was (x-2)^2+1 simply multiply the thing out to get the original equation

ReputationRep:
    I hated the binomial expansion question and finding the values of K!!!! I think I flopped 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin168)
    I completely agree, i absolutely love when they give you 14marks for the graph questions! Just praying that the induction question isnt too tricky!

I like the induction questions since if you don't get the result you're expecting you know you've gone wrong. Plus you get 2 marks for writing 2 sentences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOPECYCLIST)
    yep (-2,1) was the minimum point for the last question. you needed it for the last question to work out K btw that's was 5
    22 root 2 was also right
    (0,3) was right and so is (0,7). you worked it out by putting x and y equal to 0 separately to find X and Y respectively.
    question 12(i) required you to find K by putting the quadratic equal to Zero. and solving to find K
    It was (0,-3) and (0,7) according to my maths teacher

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Dont remember some of my answers but it seems I didn't fail too much

ReputationRep:
    Relative to other papers, how hard do you think this was?
    I'm guessing 59/72 for A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruhh)
    I like the induction questions since if you don't get the result you're expecting you know you've gone wrong. Plus you get 2 marks for writing 2 sentences
    Yes me too, however you dont get those two marks unless youve got the previous bit right or atleast most of it right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakoblauritzen)
    It was (0,-3) and (0,7) according to my maths teacher
    yep ur right i don't check what i type what i write. (0,-3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOPECYCLIST)
    i cant remember the equation but the answer was (x-2)^2+1 simply multiply the thing out to get the original equation
    Hang on wasn't there a 3 that you had to factorise out?

ReputationRep:
    For the transformation question number 10, did everyone get that to get f(x) to g(x) it was f(x) - 36? Also once proving g(-1) was a root did anyone get that the 2 other roots were -1 again (repeated) and then 6?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the triangle question which got you to form the equation 5x^2-4x-1=h^2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    looks like i dropped about 4 or 5 marks, delighted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)
    What did people get for the triangle question which got you to form the equation 5x^2-4x-1=h^2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2+2root11 / 5 or 4+4root11 / 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesExtra)
    Hang on wasn't there a 3 that you had to factorise out?
    probs i cant remember everything bro. i know i got it right because i got 5 for the last question which was right i know that.

im mid way through my markscheme i will be about 30 minutes guys

ReputationRep:
    I used Pythagoras also do I lose marks for nt simplifying my fractions? I don't think it asked us to do so anywhere?

I also mucked up my polynomials but couldn't figure out where so lost a few marks there

ReputationRep:
    I got x = (2+sqrt(44))/5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For 12(i) I put 56/12 rather than 14/3, will I lose a mark because I forgot to simplify it?

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.