Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

1st Year Swansea Uni Student - Ask Me Anything! Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyw7)
    I stay in Preseli and it is quite nice! And it's the /cheapest/ ensuite on campus.

Attachment 421153
    Doesn't look bad at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarasinclair_97)
    Uh oh, may have applied to Preseli before reading this, haha. Cheers though!
    I did the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruno26)
    I did the same!
    See my pics in the previous page. It's not bad at all. Little cramped, but not too shabby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyw7)
    See my pics in the previous page. It's not bad at all. Little cramped, but not too shabby.
    Yeah it does look alright! Although, it depresses me looking at Swansea Uni pics,because I know I've done badly in my exams so far... and the chances of me meeting my offer is very low

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Is there a train route (I think that's the right word! :P) that takes you from Swansea to Birmingham or nearby cities?
    Do you know anything about the Egyptology course there or know of anyone I can talk to about it?
    Also, what is the Hendrefoelan Student Village (HSV) accommodation like?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for langland and penmaen for accommodation as my first choices and on the university website it says the kitchen is fully equipped and i was wondering to what extent is it equipped, will we not need to bring things like saucepans? i'm just confused by it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larry'sMeerkat)
    Hey!

Is there a train route (I think that's the right word! :P) that takes you from Swansea to Birmingham or nearby cities?
    Do you know anything about the Egyptology course there or know of anyone I can talk to about it?
    Thanks!
    This is the UK and we are in the 21st century. Pretty sure there is a route. Might not direct but there is. There are pics of HSV in the uni website.

(Original post by shannon118)
    I've applied for langland and penmaen for accommodation as my first choices and on the university website it says the kitchen is fully equipped and i was wondering to what extent is it equipped, will we not need to bring things like saucepans? i'm just confused by it!
    You normally have to bring cutlery to uni. I highly doubt it is provided. They have a website selling that for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a such thing as the Swan sea at Swansea university?

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure. But I reckon that means stove, oven, fridge. I've seen students from Penmaen bring their own pots and pans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCMFM16)
    Depends on which campus you live. The main campus is next to a park called Pub on The Pond and there are swans there

Plus, the sea is just across the road (main campus) or just by the University (Engineering / Business Management Bay Campus).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    This is the UK and we are in the 21st century. Pretty sure there is a route. Might not direct but there is. There are pics of HSV in the uni website.

You normally have to bring cutlery to uni. I highly doubt it is provided. They have a website selling that for a reason.

It's not. But make sure you keep track of them as I have had my pans, can opener, bowl, and mug stolen!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larry'sMeerkat)
    Hey!

Thanks!
    I'm from Bham! There's not one directly but it usually goes as follows: Bham; Bristol, Cardiff then Swansea. It's a pain so I catch the coach. So much more convenient. Longer by an hour, but way cheaper if you book usually a month in advance.

I personally don't know much about it but I was a Student Rep for Classics, Ancient History and Egyptology so I might be able to help you with a few things.

Student Village accommodation is horrendous. But I've met some amazing people in there, but would NEVER voluntarily choose to stay there if I had a choice.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Equipment are things like cooker oven, fridge freezers, ironing board, microwave and things. You need to bring things like sandwich makers, toasters, kettles too. Once you find your flat mates, create a Facebook group and decide who is bringing what or get food that is microwave and oven friendly, then next day all you guys can pop down to Tescos or Wilkos and do some shopping together. The latter is a great way to bond!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCMFM16)
    There's pretty much no swans in Swansea. Dozen of humongous seagulls that will legit fight you for your food!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    I'm from Bham! There's not one directly but it usually goes as follows: Bham; Bristol, Cardiff then Swansea. 1.It's a pain so I catch the coach. So much more convenient. Longer by an hour, but way cheaper if you book usually a month in advance.

I personally don't know much about it but I was a Student Rep for Classics, Ancient History and Egyptology so I might be able to help you with a few things.

2.Student Village accommodation is horrendous. But I've met some amazing people in there, but would NEVER voluntarily choose to stay there if I had a choice.
    1. Thought the same

2. Elaborate?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    1. Thought the same

2. Elaborate?
    Can't say much Then horrendous. It's just constantly cold, can't control heating, the cashpoint machine charges taking money out, Woodside is getting knocked down this year anyway, floors are horribly thin and feelings like you'd go right through them. Bedroom floor feels like you're sleeping on the pavement. The ceilings are weak and horrible: flatmate snap chatted the above person she was living under having sex and the floor was actually moving.... No wonder their knocking half of it down... It's just so unstable, looks like it's ready to crumble any second!

ReputationRep:
    View from Preseli: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=7ed652643e

ReputationRep:
    What are the best burger joints near the Bay Campus and uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamSlim)
    What are the best burger joints near the Bay Campus and uni?
    JC bar on Singleton Campus make some mighty good burger.

Or else just use Just Eat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyw7)
    JC bar on Singleton Campus make some mighty good burger.

Or else just use Just Eat
    Lol sorry for the weird questions. Im doing a foundation year and got the handbook as a pdf from here, planned on learning the content but not really sure where to start. Any websites you recommend?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.