Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

1st Year Swansea Uni Student - Ask Me Anything! Watch

University Navigation

• TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamSlim)
    What are the best burger joints near the Bay Campus and uni?
    Don't know about bay campus but JCs and there's a fairy food places also in the union building by tooters (the on campus club), where they do burgers, pizzas, fries and etc!

ReputationRep:
    I am coming from Poland and I want to get a job during studying.What is with work in Swansea? Is that hard to find it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krzywonos)
    I am coming from Poland and I want to get a job during studying.What is with work in Swansea? Is that hard to find it?
    A job everywhere nowadays is always going to be hard to find. Most jobs will already have been taken up by the second years as of course fourth and third years will be going onto other things than their part time jobs.

If you have a good CV and there are local jobs wanted, you can always apply. If not, you can become a student ambassador for the uni and upon being successful, you get paid for doing things on Open Days, Touring, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've been successful today in securing my place at Swansea! Quick question for anyone who knows or a Swansea Rep, when do reading lists come out? Is it with Arrivals information due in the coming weeks? I'm studying Classical Civilisation and English Lit in September.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clytaemnestra)
    Hello! I've been successful today in securing my place at Swansea! Quick question for anyone who knows or a Swansea Rep, when do reading lists come out? Is it with Arrivals information due in the coming weeks? I'm studying Classical Civilisation and English Lit in September.

Thanks!
    I didn't get my reading lists until after enrolement week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clytaemnestra)

Thanks!
    I studied this for my 1st year!

You will get a reading list usually when you enroll in person. The very first meeting you'll go to with all your course peers - they'll give you all the texts you'll need. However, since Freshers last week was 2 weeks and this year is only 1, you might be sent an email.

Bu tdon't worry about ordering texts - Amazon warehouse is 10 mins drive fromt he uni so if you were to order some texts on a Sunday/Monday you'd get it before Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    I studied this for my 1st year!

You will get a reading list usually when you enroll in person. The very first meeting you'll go to with all your course peers - they'll give you all the texts you'll need. However, since Freshers last week was 2 weeks and this year is only 1, you might be sent an email.

Bu tdon't worry about ordering texts - Amazon warehouse is 10 mins drive fromt he uni so if you were to order some texts on a Sunday/Monday you'd get it before Friday!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.