Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AS history 13th May 2015 AQA HIS1F French Revolution Watch

ReputationRep:
    Haven't found a thread for this exam - I heard off my teacher it is a rare one most schools don't do anyway.

Was just wondering if there is anybody else out there studying it?

ReputationRep:
    nobody?

ReputationRep:
    Hi benwick
    Nice to see someone else doing the same period
    Pressures on... Honestly clueless about this exam
    Any predictions of what could come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haich_official)
    Hi benwick
    Nice to see someone else doing the same period
    Pressures on... Honestly clueless about this exam
    Any predictions of what could come up?
    yay i'm not alone!

my teacher reckons unit 1 and unit 4 are pretty certain to come up, then it could be either unit 2 or 3

seeing as we only have to answer two questions i've only revised 1 and 4, really hope she is right!

hows things down your end?

ReputationRep:
    Well unit 1 is a must as every exam paper so far has the first question based around 1784-1791
    But....
    What my teachers have said is that both questions 2 and 3 have aspects of the terror so it's best to revise them
    I'm screwed 😂

ReputationRep:
    Well unit 1 is a must as every exam paper so far has the first question based around 1784-1791
    But....
    What my teachers have said is that both questions 2 and 3 have aspects of the terror so it's best to revise them
    I'm screwed 😂
    do you have the green sheet supplied by AQA splitting the course into 4 sections? because on that unit one only runs up to the calling of the Estates General

My teacher is so sure that will come up because it did not last year June 2014

And unit 4 is (on the green sheet) starts at the Coup of Brumaire and is all about Napoleon which has been in every exam so she also thinks that will come up.

However for unit 4 we have been told to revise the end of the Directory and the Terror just in case the question asks for the reasons behind the Coup of Brumaire.

Not sure if you've been told the units are split differently?

ReputationRep:
    So it's most likely everything before the estates general which is pretty much simple
    And for the second question I suggest just going over the terror, directory and napoleon as it increases chances of being able to answer two of the questions?

ReputationRep:
    So it's most likely everything before the estates general which is pretty much simple
    And for the second question I suggest just going over the terror, directory and napoleon as it increases chances of being able to answer two of the questions?
    yeah you just got the finance ministers failures, enlightenment ideas (would hate a question on that) assembly of notables or revolt of the nobles for unit one really so its quite a nice one if it comes up

what i should revise is unit 2 (from the estates general meeting up to execution of Louis) but i'm hedging my bets that I can answer a question on unit 1 and napoleon if they come up instead, as I also have to revise for a maths exam tomorrow and there is so little time left!

how have you been revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwick)
    yeah you just got the finance ministers failures, enlightenment ideas (would hate a question on that) assembly of notables or revolt of the nobles for unit one really so its quite a nice one if it comes up

what i should revise is unit 2 (from the estates general meeting up to execution of Louis) but i'm hedging my bets that I can answer a question on unit 1 and napoleon if they come up instead, as I also have to revise for a maths exam tomorrow and there is so little time left!

how have you been revising?
    Wow I'm not the only one doing maths and history 😂
    I went through unit 2 recently and it's the most complicated part of the course... I'm thinking of just focusing on terror and napoleon as well as unit 1
    Hoping that's what comes up
    But in terms of maths it's only C1 which isn't too difficult so I could just do a series of questions from random past papers
    Are you with edexcel for maths?

ReputationRep:
    Wow I'm not the only one doing maths and history 😂
    I went through unit 2 recently and it's the most complicated part of the course... I'm thinking of just focusing on terror and napoleon as well as unit 1
    Hoping that's what comes up
    But in terms of maths it's only C1 which isn't too difficult so I could just do a series of questions from random past papers
    Are you with edexcel for maths?
    say i was to revise unit 2, and units 1, 3 and 4 came up I would have to answer 1 and 4, so its better to not bother with 2 for me I think...
    yeah i'm with edexcel too haha, I know its 'easy' but i seem to be stuck on an A/B border and its frustrating the hell out of me, need to work on that to try and push myself to a secure A but then I haven't finished history yet so not looking too good at the minute

ReputationRep:
    Haven't found a thread for this exam - I heard off my teacher it is a rare one most schools don't do anyway.

Was just wondering if there is anybody else out there studying it?
    I am doing thiss exam tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanya_tsr)
    Im doing this exam tomorrow!
    great! there is three of us at least haha

How are you finding it? where do you stand on revising some of the units and not all?

ReputationRep:
    you both fancy making a facebook group or something to revise together/discuss the paper afterwards in? just a thought

ReputationRep:
    great! there is three of us at least haha

How are you finding it? where do you stand on revising some of the units and not all?
    I have just finished looking at napoleon, im 100% confident in 1784 to 91 my teacher has a feeling that the constitution of the clergy and the terror may come up

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't had a good look at napoleon and the terror this is not looking good for me at the minute 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanya_tsr)
    I have just finished looking at napoleon, im 100% confident in 1784 to 91 my teacher has a feeling that the constitution of the clergy and the terror may come up
    so what are you presuming will come up? 1, 2 and 3?

if so this Napoleon revision is a bit pointless haha

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't had a good look at napoleon and the terror this is not looking good for me at the minute 😂
    theres this handy napoleon clip on the history channel, its great http://www.history.com/topics/napoleon/videos/napoleon

ReputationRep:
    you got all day today if you're confident on C1 and a couple of hours after the C1 exam, chill you'll be great

ReputationRep:
    I suggest definitely revise 1 not so sure about 2 but 3 and 4 just to be on the safe side...
    I would also go over the civil constitution of the clergy

ReputationRep:
    I have noidea, predictions are always risky

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.