Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AS history 13th May 2015 AQA HIS1F French Revolution Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I just did this exam today my mind was completely blown when I read the exam question...I didn't know what to do... how did you guys find it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ame32)
    Hey I did the exam to today, questions 1&3. How did everyone find it?
    I couldn't do it personally I tried to answer the question but i will be shocked if I get a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ame32)
    Hey I did the exam to today, questions 1&3. How did everyone find it?
    I did the same because i completely blanked on what question 2 was asking (not sure if we can say what was in it) but i don't think it was to bad, it probably could have been better but to be honest, i don't know what i would have wanted to come up so i can't really complain. how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    I bet you all did great! it was okay I like the 3rd because I planned it in class the day before but I could have been worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg the way I asked 'why the September massacres happened' and no one replied then it came up in the exam!
    To be honest that exam was really good. I predicted the National Assembly one and it seemed like I had done the concordat question before

ReputationRep:
    Did 1 and 2, thought the questions were reasonable but ran out of time for the last 24 marker Anyone doing RS tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I hope the grade boundaries are low.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderland16)
    Did 1 and 2, thought the questions were reasonable but ran out of time for the last 24 marker Anyone doing RS tomorrow?
    I am!! so terrified and i feel like i really don't know anything. If i'm honest, I'm defo dropping it next year so i can deal with doing badly

ReputationRep:
    I also answered 1 and 3 but I found myself to be quiet repetitive.... Answered the first 12 and 24 marker but then answered the second 24 marker first and then had 5 minutes left for the 12 mark
    Not good to have history after maths😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktecope)
    I am!! so terrified and i feel like i really don't know anything. If i'm honest, I'm defo dropping it next year so i can deal with doing badly
    RS is my easiest one I think (shouldn't say that, watch as I get a D)
    What modules are you doing?
    For ethics I'm doing situation, and abortion and euthanasia
    and philosophy religious experience and psychology

Hoping for nice questions! AQA can be really sly sometimes..:adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ame32)
    I hope the grade boundaries are low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year it was 50/72 for an A in French Rev so fingers crossed:dance:

ReputationRep:
    RS is my easiest one I think (shouldn't say that, watch as I get a D)
    What modules are you doing?
    For ethics I'm doing situation, and abortion and euthanasia
    and philosophy religious experience and psychology

Hoping for nice questions! AQA can be really sly sometimes..:adore:
    i'm with edexcel so slightly different. for ethics i'm doing utilitarianism. for philosophy i'm doing cosmological or design/ teleo, and evil and suffering. then our second 'investigations' paper is on abortion and medical ethics. it is horrible. i do business studies, so that is by far my easiest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktecope)
    i'm with edexcel so slightly different. for ethics i'm doing utilitarianism. for philosophy i'm doing cosmological or design/ teleo, and evil and suffering. then our second 'investigations' paper is on abortion and medical ethics. it is horrible. i do business studies, so that is by far my easiest
    Oh, that sounds horrible. Praying for nice questions and low grade boundaries

Good luck anyway. Are you doing Vietnam next week for history?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that sounds horrible. Praying for nice questions and low grade boundaries

Good luck anyway. Are you doing Vietnam next week for history?
    thanks! hopefully they will be nice as it's the last year of AS. and no, i'm doing Stalinist Russia

Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    sorry i checked after the exam and nobody had replied so i didn't bother, interesting to see how you all did

the general consensus from what you are saying and what my classmates said is it was a relatively easy paper but a lot of people did quite bad - perhaps meaning the boundaries will be lowered slightly

i was gutted when unit 1 didnt come up, but luckily the unit 2 question crossed over a bit, and i actually knew a lot more on it than i thought i would

then onto Napoleon, and I was a bit disappointed with myself considering i'd revised him, the 24 marker i struggled with reasons, and was running out of time

not expecting too much, solid B maybe pushing towards an A because i really took care in my structure and ensuring it was level 4/5 quality. as long as I don't have a shocker next wednesday then things are looking good!

whats everybody got for the other history module? mine is American civil rights

good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    Any one else doing Vietnam next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haich_official)
    Any one else doing Vietnam next week?
    I am! Do you have any predictions of what might come up The french rev paper was fair but just ran out of time which was annoying and I will probably lose a good 10 marks on my last 24 marker

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what's coming up on the Vietnam exam
    What are your methods for revision? I'm actually worried about this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haich_official)
    I have no idea what's coming up on the Vietnam exam
    What are your methods for revision? I'm actually worried about this one
    The same as every exam, make notes, re read notes, read the text book, cry a little and hope for a miracle

I was actually more worried for French rev but that paper was quite nice so now I'm worried they will make Vietnam difficult. I'm still not 100% confident with the source questions

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.