Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I evaluated it with the Lorenz, the eff tribe , the monotropy weakeness and the love quiz .. wrote down everything I remembered and knew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WallaceZ)
    Was it just me and my class that found the exam easy or did everyone?
    my class at tong found it easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WallaceZ)
    Was it just me and my class that found the exam easy or did everyone?
    Everyone in my college also found it easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexalex1503)
    Ah sick!!! Thought i nailed the A01 but not sure about A02. Used Harlows monkeys twice saying it both supports bla bla bla and then saying how it doesnt support as well. Then used Schaffer and Emerson. You think this was enough? Couldn't think of anything else (( How did you evaluate???
    I added about the eff tribe , the love quiz , Lorenz and the weakness about monotropy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LolaMac)
    What will the grade boundary be?
    The grade boundaries will probably be quite high since everyone found it easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    there was loads of space just for a 2 marker so I just played It safe and wrote a lot. Overall it was a fairly nice paper but I don't want to be too confident

ReputationRep:
    im so annoyed because for the MSM question i started writing about it and then i got confused and thought i wrote it wrong so i started talking about the WMM instead (((

ReputationRep:
    I'm soooo annoyed i dropped some easy marks - although the cog essay was good. I even messed up on the graph bit; (you were supposed to draw a scatter gram, i just done a positive correlation) ima have to retake next year

ReputationRep:
    OMG I wrote about the working memory model :'( How many grades do you think that'll make me drop seeing as there were like 4 questions on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welll)
    OMG I wrote about the working memory model :'( How many grades do you think that'll make me drop seeing as there were like 4 questions on it
    If you evaluated WMM instead of MSM then unfortunately its 10 marks..
    Because the first question is 6 and the second question is 4..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pagorai)
    If you evaluated WMM instead of MSM then unfortunately its 10 marks..
    Because the first question is 6 and the second question is 4..
    Welp, I give up

ReputationRep:
    Wait...what graph? There was no graph question in the paper.

Anyway, I found it pretty good! I revised exactly for the MSM and Bowlby's theory the most so I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welll)
    Welp, I give up
    Its okay its okay. I have seen someone who did the same mistake but still, if you have done the other sections well then its fine. You still have your Unit 2 so yep dont make such mistakes. Stay hopeful and goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LolaMac)
    What will the grade boundary be?
    Because everyone found it quite easy. They will make the grade boundaries higher. Maybe 60 /72 for an A

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if everyone found it easy anywhere from 57-62 for an A they could raise it to. Also as everyone believes they got full UMS - for this paper they also predict you will need around 69 or 70 out of 72 for full UMS

ReputationRep:
    Swear hallow and hallow disproves learning theory? As they attached to cage with warmth not food... ( so not to do with bowlby)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a psych teacher- don't usually get involved in student conversation but...

Grade boundaries for an A in this unit are often around 50. It's not going to increase by 10-12 marks this year. Like I said to my students today, before you go into an exam you are at your peak. You think you forget everything but it's your body's way of storing the information so that it can be released in the exam. You're the most Focussed you have been all year and can "easily" rattle off the correct answers with probably more information than you really need.

I can guarantee that some of you would have written about the wrong studies, not explained your evaluation, got your attachment types mixed up, misread the question or generally didn't answer correctly because you "guessed".

Also please take into account that most members here are academics- you are good at school, work hard, predicted high grades, have high expectations of yourself and are naturally bright. I was one of you a few years ago. The average grade on here rarely drops below a B but some people do only get Es.

So, the examiner picks questions that can confuse you. Eg- attachment types. It's easy to describe differences between secure and insecure but not so easy between resistant and avoidant. Very easy to mix them up. MSM and WMM are again evidently easy to mix up. I haven't seen the paper but the wording can often be misinterpreted.

I personally don't think the A will be above 55 as like I said, there will still be people getting the lower grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was amazingggggg! I'm in love with this paper

ReputationRep:
    I agree. i think it was a good paper ... it's just that learning 10 words question whihc made me confuse a bit
    (Original post by pooja22)
    It was amazingggggg! I'm in love with this paper

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i was just wondering does anyone want to talk about the questions just to help calm me , for example what was the actual answer to the demand characteristics for strange situation and stuff like what points should of you made for the 12 marker, to evaluate it I mentioned about harlows monkeys to go against his nature theory and stuff and then did the study which included 65 children in an institution longitude study to evaluate the monotropy and critical period, im not sure if i answered it correctly :/ if anyone can just tell me what we should of wrote it would help a lot, thanks.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.