Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Possible insurance upto £1500? 18yr old male Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently driving my sisters car as a named driver (since Dec 2014 when I passed my test) the car is a Hyundai Getz 1.1 gsi (very nippy car since its so lightweight) but anyways me and my sister will be going our own ways and I need my own car.

I really don't want a french car like a corsa, preferably Japanese or german.

Also want to have an insurance policy where I am the main driver and NO telematics (blackbox) (I have bought a private reg and insurance companies will only allow it on a car if I own the car and am the main driver on the policy).

The best quotes I have got so far (I have no NCB and haven't had my licence for a full year) :

VW Polo 1.2 E 2008 - £1800 (£1900 if I decide to modify it with tints, alloys, sound system, coil-overs)

VW Golf 1.4 Match 2003 - £2100 (£2400 if I decide to modify the car with tints, alloys, sound system, coil-overs)

Does anyone have a car that they could recommend for me? Or any young drivers that have good cars that they could recommend?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rathor)
    I am currently driving my sisters car as a named driver (since Dec 2014 when I passed my test) the car is a Hyundai Getz 1.1 gsi (very nippy car since its so lightweight) but anyways me and my sister will be going our own ways and I need my own car.

Also want to have an insurance policy where I am the main driver and NO telematics (blackbox) (I have bought a private reg and insurance companies will only allow it on a car if I own the car and am the main driver on the policy).

The best quotes I have got so far (I have no NCB and haven't had my licence for a full year) :

VW Polo 1.2 E 2008 - £1800 (£1900 if I decide to modify it with tints, alloys, sound system, coil-overs)

VW Golf 1.4 Match 2003 - £2100 (£2400 if I decide to modify the car with tints, alloys, sound system, coil-overs)

Does anyone have a car that they could recommend for me? Or any young drivers that have good cars that they could recommend?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you have any modifications, then you have to declare them, otherwise if the insurance find out then you are in big trouble (they will cancel the insurance etc etc).
    Id recommend looking at comparison sites to get an idea of which companies are cheaper for you, then go to them directly (as its cheaper that way).
    Why dont you try a hyundai getz? You say your sister has one that you have driven and you seem to think its decent. I had one myself and the insurance was decent on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    If you have any modifications, then you have to declare them, otherwise if the insurance find out then you are in big trouble (they will cancel the insurance etc etc).
    Id recommend looking at comparison sites to get an idea of which companies are cheaper for you, then go to them directly (as its cheaper that way).
    Why dont you try a hyundai getz? You say your sister has one that you have driven and you seem to think its decent. I had one myself and the insurance was decent on it.
    Yeah when I got the quotes I did declare all modifications as I do know about the risks if you are caught not declaring them and yeah they were cool with the modifications I declared.

Also I have tried Compare the market and GoCompare but their quotes (without any mods declared) were £5000 plus which is just stupid.

I mean yeah my sisters Hyundai Getz is decent but I hate how the car is a bit too lightweight that it makes to much noise and it shakes a lot and hate the cheap interior (sadly my sisters one is all plastic interior and no leather at all) Want to get a heavy car like a golf and have a comfortable smooth ride.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about a Renault Clio? I've been driving mine for 3 years now and it's been great! very little repairs have been needed. It's an '03 plate too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rathor)

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Skoda fabia is the polo alternative, Seat leon for the Golf.
    Consider the focus.

ReputationRep:
    How about the older Fiestas from around 2000? Actually pretty decent cars - I don't think they're too expensive to insure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Witcher)
    What about a Renault Clio? I've been driving mine for 3 years now and it's been great! very little repairs have been needed. It's an '03 plate too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    he doesnt want a french car. understandable really

ReputationRep:
    Vauxhall Corsa is a good choice, you can get an 08+ plate for around 2 grand

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.