ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...tackle-backlog

more to come from the tories
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    That was back in March?

ReputationRep:
    Come on check the dates please, we need a mass cut back of public sector workers!!

Come on Dave lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    That was back in March?
    so...?

ReputationRep:
    If it offers a better service, who cares if it's private? If I get a good service, I don't care if the people behind the curtain are providing the service for profit as opposed to goodwill.

I also think the NHS needs to treat patients more like customers than burdens and bed-takers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    If it offers a better service, who cares if it's private? If I get a good service, I don't care if the people behind the curtain are providing the service for profit as opposed to goodwill.

I also think the NHS needs to treat patients more like customers than burdens and bed-takers.
    EDIT: I apologise for responding a tad hashly.

Oh God. Naive...

The problem is it is worse service.

Please read up on the issue before commenting.

http://nhap.org/whats-wrong-privatising-nhs/
    http://www.health.org.uk/blog/nhs-pr...t-really-mean/
    http://weownit.org.uk/privatisation
    http://weownit.org.uk/evidence/nhs
    And read right through this thread http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_bei...g-the-NHS?pg=1
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-s...b_5866352.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahbleeblah)
    Oh God. Naive...

The problem is it is worse service.

Please read up on the issue before commenting.
    The NHS, being used by trade unions to befit its members since 1948.

Oh dear, how do our European friends manage to cope with their health systems?

ReputationRep:
    The % has only gone up to like 6% from 4.3% lol not exactly crisis point
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And perhaps you could also give us some right wing sources that also corroborate your opinoin rather than just a bunch of lefties?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And perhaps you could also give us some right wing sources that also corroborate your opinoin rather than just a bunch of lefties?
    Lefties?

Perhaps you should work in the health service or have extensive experience of it or have family members affected by privitisation. Perhaps you should ask your doctors, nurses and other health care staff. Perhaps you should consult independent bodies and charities picking up the ****.

Why would I give you "right wing" sources obviously they are the ones who are doing it they aren't going to say anything bad about it duhhh. Cicular argument. Since when is "right wing" a good thing?

Right-wing politics are political positions or activities that view some forms of social stratification or social inequality as either inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable,[1][2][3] typically justifying this position on the basis of natural law or tradition
    Sickening.

How old are you?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahbleeblah)
    Lefties?

Perhaps you should work in the health service or have extensive experience of it or have family members affected by privitisation. Perhaps you should ask your doctors, nurses and other health care staff. Perhaps you should consult independent bodies and charities picking up the ****.

Why would I give you "right wing" sources obviously they are the ones who are doing it they aren't going to say anything bad about it duhhh. Cicular argument. Since when is "right wing" a good thing?

Sickening.

How old are you?
    You mean just how the "left wing" sources tend to be the ones with a bias against it and thus will never concede privatisation to be a good thing?
    I can see though that your name is a not inaccurate representation of your thought process and/or words, and it's not worth my time to try to educate you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry we will see soon enough, and after 5 years the total damage will be clear.

My name is a reflection of the BS I read on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    If only all industries were run by the state. Everything would be better as there wouldn't be any shareholders. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)

If you knew how to read you would have seen that 3 of those companies that won the contracts do not offer a better service and in fact those companies were criticised previously for poor quality of care and attention and poor management.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    so...?
    So I wonder why you're dredging up old news as opposed to focusing on the current events. I'm guessing (As I've seen this float around facebook) that you didn't bother checking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    If only all industries were run by the state. Everything would be better as there wouldn't be any shareholders. :rolleyes:
    Scandinavian countries seem to be fairing quite well with healthcare and education provided by the state.
    Finland has one of the best education systems in the world.
    France the best healthcare system in the world (I know its not scandinavian but just another example of other countries doing things differently). Iceland and norway have better healthcare systems than us.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If you knew how to read you would have seen that 3 of those companies that won the contracts do not offer a better service and in fact those companies were criticised previously for poor quality of care and attention and poor management.
    In light of this comment I did what I often do with Guardian articles and look for key words. With the articles on the scrapping of the HRA it was "Bill of rights", to see it was omitted, this time, naturally, it was "Circle". May I ask you a qustion (well, another question, being pedantic)? Is/was Hinchingbrooke your local hospital?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    In light of this comment I did what I often do with Guardian articles and look for key words. With the articles on the scrapping of the HRA it was "Bill of rights", to see it was omitted, this time, naturally, it was "Circle". May I ask you a qustion (well, another question, being pedantic)? Is/was Hinchingbrooke your local hospital?
    Nope :P
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Nope :P
    SO everything you know about it, even if limited, comes from national and social media? Just the likes of The Mirror and Guardian? Bit of BBC thrown in too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    So I wonder why you're dredging up old news as opposed to focusing on the current events. I'm guessing (As I've seen this float around facebook) that you didn't bother checking.
    Its a couple months old its not THAT old lol. Its relevant what with the conservatives returning to power, they're sure to carry on their policy of 'stealth' privitisationof the NHS. Cutting the NHS' budget, then saying after a while that the NHS is struggling to keep up for whatever reason and that is why they have to bring in private companies. Dont worry the NHS is safe in our hands.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.