Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzie33)
    Plath/Hughes I'm thinking maybe nature.., would it be worth looking at previous questions for the other poets? And perhaps some of those might come up for Plath/Hughes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are a hero.

ReputationRep:
    How did those doing the Larkin+Abse and a Murmuring Judges find it? I didn't think it was too bad, was expecting them to follow their usual pattern of one question on roughly setting and the other more conceptual (I.e death, loss, sadness etc) so was a bit flummoxed at first! I went for the one on social and political issues, used Afternoons+Talking In Bed and A Scene From Married life for Abse, then I linked the poems to adherence to the social issues relating to marriage, expectations and reality, conforming to social norms, and attitudes at the time. Then I contrasted it with Abse's positive outlook on marriage. Didn't write nearly enough on Abse though, literally about one paragraph. It was quite detailed but we've always been told to try to include two, one for each Larkin poem. Hope I can make up for it with the alternative reading strand of AO3!

The Murmuring Judges extract was pretty tough, I answered the one about the judiciary. The extract they gave us was pretty slim pickings though I thought!! Definitely wasn't my strongest answer and I rushed it towards the end, felt like I kept repeating myself as well. So hard to fit everything in the time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgiaEvanda)
    I'm doing dancing at lughnasa
    I thought the questions this year were really good. My poetry section was literally the nicest and for Lughnasa I chose the Paganism one ; didn't finish though , hoping i wrote enough Which one did you do? and how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdixie)
    I thought the questions this year were really good. My poetry section was literally the nicest and for Lughnasa I chose the Paganism one ; didn't finish though , hoping i wrote enough Which one did you do? and how did you find it?
    yeah I found lughnasa much better than poetry- I did freedom and entrapment, focusing on the area of song/dance as a means for freedom, how the sisters trap each other and try to be free in different ways, and how they are trapped in a domestic life. I don't feel poetry went to well.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.