Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME OCR Economics - Markets In Action 2015 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    I did say biofuels provide energy, reduce pollution and stop farmers going out of work. However the word 'always' gave me a hint there more to it. So i said that the biofuels reduce land fertility not sustainable etc... :l
    it would help but there is no need to explicitly mention a market, just merit or demerit goods. Same with sustainability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    hi everyone does anyone think its possible to do AS and A2 Economics all in one year, Am starting to revise for AS this summer so that by September am done, Do you think its possible? because I took 3 subjects for AS and i want to replace my Maths for economics.
    I did/am doing it in a year.

Not easy, not particularly hard.

It definitely requires devotion and patience, but it is doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does it depend on your exam board or just you as a person.
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    I did/am doing it in a year.

Not easy, not particularly hard.

It definitely requires devotion and patience, but it is doable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does it depend on your exam board or just you as a person.
    Mostly on the person I'd say, as the boards are pretty much the same.

If I were to choose boards again though, I'd go with either CIE or Edexcel.

OCR is good but A2 is very heavy in content, particularly so with the case study. (not that the other boards aren't, but I think the case study makes it kinda more difficult).

ReputationRep:
    One last question; how many case studies are they?
    Mostly on the person I'd say, as the boards are pretty much the same.

If I were to choose boards again though, I'd go with either CIE or Edexcel.

OCR is good but A2 is very heavy in content, particularly so with the case study. (not that the other boards aren't, but I think the case study makes it kinda more difficult).

ReputationRep:
    One last question; how many case studies are they?
    All four units have case studies.

Three of them are in the exam (like all boards), but the last unit has a pretty extensive case study which you prepare beforehand.

The good thing is that you can expect the topics of the questions.

The bad thing is that, on top of the already big specification, the case study adds a lot of work. You have to prepare both the theory (like any other exam) AND the case study.

It's really fun though, so I believe you'll enjoy it if you're into economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All four units have case studies.

Three of them are in the exam (like all boards), but the last unit has a pretty extensive case study which you prepare beforehand.

The good thing is that you can expect the topics of the questions.

The bad thing is that, on top of the already big specification, the case study adds a lot of work. You have to prepare both the theory (like any other exam) AND the case study.

It's really fun though, so I believe you'll enjoy it if you're into economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright then.Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynes24)
    it would help but there is no need to explicitly mention a market, just merit or demerit goods. Same with sustainability.
    I said they biofuels ruin the landscape when growing the crops which causes negative externalities as the local communities will have their landscape ruined, hence market failure, however i didnt go in depth about biofuels being merit goods. It was fairly one sided in the essay.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.