Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biologyisawful)
    Still haven't revised reproductive cycle, brain or the water cycle/nitrogen cycle or temperature regulation, is this possible to do before tomorrow i am freaking out
    You don't need to know the water/nitrogen cycle for tomorrow's paper... They are triple science stuff and will be on paper 2, tomorrow is paper 1 so I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    thankyou, i've found a really great site called freesciencelessons which is helping i am so angry with myself for leaving it ridiculously late to go over some topics :') good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloexCharlotte)
    You don't need to know the water/nitrogen cycle for tomorrow's paper... They are triple science stuff and will be on paper 2, tomorrow is paper 1 so I wouldn't worry!
    oh my goodness that is such a relief!!! what is not on paper 1?

ReputationRep:
    oh my goodness that is such a relief!!! what is not on paper 1?
    Here's a link to the specification, if you scroll down a bit and all the stuff in bold is the stuff you don't need to know for tomorrow's paper

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...web-280212.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Here's a link to the specification, if you scroll down a bit and all the stuff in bold is the stuff you don't need to know for tomorrow's paper

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...web-280212.pdf
    you are an absolute lifesaver, thankyou so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_PLL)
    i think january papers tend to be harder than june papers because they are normally re-sits, so i dont think it will be as hard as jan 2015 but i am still dreading the exam tomorrow!
    I really hope you're right!! I hope it's a good paper like June 2014. Good luck though for tmrw!

ReputationRep:
    he's correct

ReputationRep:
    Just to inform you guys with igcse you just need to write down the key words to get the marks. That is what my igcse tutor taught me and that is what is in the mark scheme 👍🏽

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard98)
    he's correct

Sorry who is correct?

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify... Insulin turns glucose to glycogen and lowers blood sugar, and glucagon turns glycogen to glucose and raises blood sugar...? I get the two confused all the time :')

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify... Insulin turns glucose to glycogen and lowers blood sugar, and glucagon turns glycogen to glucose and raises blood sugar...? I get the two confused all the time :')
    That is correct. Good luck for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie.howells)
    That is correct. Good luck for tomorrow
    Thank you! You too

ReputationRep:
    I've got this exam tomorrow, hopefully it will be a good one! Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't revised reproductive cycle, brain or the water cycle/nitrogen cycle or temperature regulation, is this possible to do before tomorrow i am freaking out
    reproductive cycle?
    brain?
    the water cycle is paper 2.
    the nitrogen is paper 2.
    temperature regulation is paper 2.
    so yes to answer your question it is possible to revise absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    nitrogen cycle is paper 2 only don't bother with that for tomorrow's exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are the most likely topics that will pop up on this paper? Please help me guys, I'm so stressed :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_PLL)
    you cant really predict what is going to be on papers like these but there hasnt been any big questions on stimuli, reflexes or homeostatis and stuff like that for a couple of years (thats what i find anyways) but im revising everything, not relying on predictions for the sciences
    I think there might be a lot more on human physiology because last summers was a lot of plant physiology but i'm praying for the heart lungs and smoking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorlenix)
    What are the most likely topics that will pop up on this paper? Please help me guys, I'm so stressed :/
    I feel like heart and lungs and mainly human stuff (but obviously not all human) because last years summer exam was mainly plants but I wouldn't be surprised if there is diffusion/osmosis questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really bad at genotypes and that. Where you have to predict what the chances of the offspring will have a disease or not.

ReputationRep:
    As ready as I'll ever be... I love the genes and anything human... Hate all the fish farming and pesticides stuff though
    1000000% agree!!! that chapter literally sucks!!!!!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.