Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Farage Stays as UKIP Leader Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CycleofSpin)
    Mmm your bet might be in difficult water in technicality territory.
    They just voided it and refunded my original stake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahnesbit)
    Not satire. That's great then - cut the fees for the ones who want to do science, tech, engineering or maths but not for things like English which is just as important. SUCH A GOOD IDEA DDDDD
    >English
    >Important
    >Not Mickey Mouse rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js171)
    ukip is simply a reincarnation of the BNP- racist lot over there
    UKIP aren't a racist party like the BNP are, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js171)
    stfu
    The Dark Nige Rises.

ReputationRep:
    'Convenient'.

ReputationRep:
    Not satire. That's great then - cut the fees for the ones who want to do science, tech, engineering or maths but not for things like English which is just as important. SUCH A GOOD IDEA DDDDD
    STEM students typically contribute more to the productive parts of the economy, whereas English students (if they can get a job) generally innovate, and earn, less. How can you justify the idea that English at university is just as important? Literature is a pastime, a hobby - you don't go to university to engage in your hobby, you go to learn actual stuff.

ReputationRep:
    i dont get how they can refuse his resignation. Since when can c company say "no we dont want you to leave, so you cant"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    CON 36.9
    LAB 30.4
    UKIP 12.6
    LD 7.9
    SNP 4.7
    GRN 3.8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

UKIP got more of the popular vote than LD and SNP. They have more voters than the lib dems. If they do drift into nothingness that is purely down to the appalling unrepresentative nature of first past the post. They are the third biggest party vote wise. Bigger than SNP by more than a factor of two yet only have 1mp compared to SNP's 56.

Especially someone who is a Green supporter you should be pointing this out instead of rubbishing UKIP just because you don't like what they stand for.

If UKIP are nothing Green are irrelevant as well.

If the establishment wants to weaken SNP PR would be a good way of doing it.
    SNP stood in 59 seats as opposed to UKIP's 624.

Wonderful news!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Ah the one-man-party keeps hold of their man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    STEM students typically contribute more to the productive parts of the economy, whereas English students (if they can get a job) generally innovate, and earn, less. How can you justify the idea that English at university is just as important? Literature is a pastime, a hobby - you don't go to university to engage in your hobby, you go to learn actual stuff.
    So in your ideal world there would be no books, films, entertainment????? Not to mention the fact you find journalists unimportant (i.e. no newspapers) also without them, you wouldn't know hardly anything about politics anyway. Furthermore, what's not to say things like physics and maths aren't hobbies to some people? Astrology?!!!!! You're point is stupid - you can't say some subjects are more important than others.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell me there are actually UKIP supporters on here. You're students right? So reduce the fees: Labour or Green Party!!!!! Half of you don't understand politics UKIP are never going to help you.
    It's obviously quite apparent you don't read their manifesto do you? what is it with people and shouting down ukip for no reason. Firstly, I am in favour of tuition fees, they are there for a reason. Secondly ukip would make it so tht there are no tuition fees for stem subjects (science technology economics and medicine) (I think!). This is done to encourage more british nationals becoming doctors, as a country we are not good at producing doctors, one reason being affording such a long course is a tough ask.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So in your ideal world there would be no books, films, entertainment????? Not to mention the fact you find journalists unimportant (i.e. no newspapers) also without them, you wouldn't know hardly anything about politics anyway. Furthermore, what's not to say things like physics and maths aren't hobbies to some people? Astrology?!!!!! You're point is stupid - you can't say some subjects are more important than others.
    Are you having a joke. Of course maths is more important than cooking or textiles.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KevK92)
    SNP stood in 59 seats as opposed to UKIP's 624.
    Ukip got 120 second places, they are now the main opposition and in those constituencies come 2020 if you don't want (let's say labour up north) your best bet is to vote ukip.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    I don't get how they can refuse his resignation. Since when can c company say "no we don't want you to leave, so you cant"
    You do make a point, they can't force him to stay. He really probably felt he was too stressed and needed a break. Imagine you were him for a second, your family attacked and split up at a Sunday lunch, plane crashes, no breaks, ridiculed by press. I think it would make me do anything for a short break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    You do make a point, they can't force him to stay. He really probably felt he was too stressed and needed a break. Imagine you were him for a second, your family attacked and split up at a Sunday lunch, plane crashes, no breaks, ridiculed by press. I think it would make me do anything for a short break.
    As with all things Farage, there was an element of theatricality to his resignation and then reappointment, if that's what it was. I suppose they felt he had to at least pose as resigning after having promised he would if he didn't get elected. I doubt there was ever a real 'resignation', it's just theatre.

One of the strange things is why he said he would resign if not elected. Did he imagine that would get him more votes? Quite the contrary I would think.

ReputationRep:
    the independent newspaper

"In March, when he originally pledged to stand down if he failed to enter Parliament, he said it would be “frankly not credible” to continue to lead the seat if he was not an MP and said Ukip would lose its credibility if he continued to lead the party without a Westminster seat."

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously quite apparent you don't read their manifesto do you? what is it with people and shouting down ukip for no reason. Firstly, I am in favour of tuition fees, they are there for a reason. Secondly ukip would make it so tht there are no tuition fees for stem subjects (science technology economics and medicine) (I think!). This is done to encourage more british nationals becoming doctors, as a country we are not good at producing doctors, one reason being affording such a long course is a tough ask.
    I have read the manifesto and I actually know my stuff - not 'think' it. Also, did you know the person they get the third highest economic support from is a man who says 'women shouldn't wear trousers as they aren't sexually appealing.' Really puts UKIP in a good light there. Furthermore, UKIP want to get rid of paid maternity leave and along with a member of the party (although they're dwindling in numbers now!) said 'no one in their right mind would employ a young, single, white female shows how much UKIP members value women's rights. UKIP are scum for more than just their education policies. Do your research before you start putting the UKIP sign as your profile picture.

ReputationRep:
    Ukip got 120 second places, they are now the main opposition and in those constituencies come 2020 if you don't want (let's say labour up north) your best bet is to vote ukip.
    120 second places. You my friend, are deluded. Entirely deluded.

ReputationRep:
    This comes as a shock...to absolutely no one. What a joke - the man couldn't even win his own seat!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.