Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Hard Difficult C1 C2 FP1 Questions Watch

ReputationRep:
    Please post the hardest C1, C2 or FP1 questions you have come across in your revision. I want to see what questions I cannot do. My exam board is Edexcel but any question from any exam board is fine. I'll try to answer it myself and also help anyone else who is having difficulties. I look forward to tackling your questions.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start the thread off with an FP1 question, which i found harder than usual.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The best way to do this is to use the gold papers, where the statistically hardest questions which have ever turned up are all amalgamated into a paper for you to do: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...-maths-papers/ under "Edexcel Gold Silver Bronze papers". I found them really handy and they're extremely useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCPC247)
    I'll start the thread off with an FP1 question, which i found harder than usual.
    Our teacher gave us that exact paper for the last mock we did! I couldn't do that question, but after some clarification, its actually pretty easy. Thanks for sharing, refreshes the memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skitee)
    The best way to do this is to use the gold papers, where the statistically hardest questions which have ever turned up are all amalgamated into a paper for you to do: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...-maths-papers/ under "Edexcel Gold Silver Bronze papers". I found them really handy and they're extremely useful.
    Yeah!! Thats a really good resource. The problem is i've done all the other eddy past papers so those questions will just come up again in gold and silver.

Theres also a Delphis Paper and Zig Zag Paper which Im saving for wednesday so i dont run out of material for practice. Recommend those.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway to access those zigzag papers without paying £44 for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahmiin)
    Please post the hardest C1, C2 or FP1 questions you have come across in your revision. I want to see what questions I cannot do. My exam board is Edexcel but any question from any exam board is fine. I'll try to answer it myself and also help anyone else who is having difficulties. I look forward to tackling your questions.
    C2

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ight=c2%20iygb

C2, IYGB, PAPERS U, V, W, X, Y, Z are hard but more realistic

have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tahmiin)
    C1

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ight=c1%20iygb

C1, IYGB, PAPERS U, V, W, X, Y, Z are hard but more realistic

have fun

ReputationRep:
    Is there an official c2 thread . has anyone done solomon c2 paper E.

struggling with the logarathim q3 and geomtric sequences q its q8

How do people go about logarathim q . I tend to struggle on those :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humayra.ac)
    Is there an official c2 thread . has anyone done solomon c2 paper E.

struggling with the logarathim q3 and geomtric sequences q its q8

How do people go about logarathim q . I tend to struggle on those :/
    With logarithms you need to know 4 things.
    1) definition - what it actually means to when you write log(basex) of y
    2)the addition rule
    3)the subtraction rule
    4)the power rule

If you know those 4 things you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCPC247)
    Is there anyway to access those zigzag papers without paying £44 for them
    My teacher might email them to me.. I can try to bring you

ReputationRep:
    Just got the Zig Zags!!

ReputationRep:
    can i have a copy please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmansouf)
    can i have a copy please
    they are copyright

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i can get those zig zag papers? ??

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.