Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you think some TSR users put on a facade when they're posting? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think some users put on a facade?
    yes
    74.14%
    no
    12.93%
    Maybe/on the fence
    12.93%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    Yep. I've met a few people at meets and they were nothing like their online personality. Pretty disappointing when someone is very chatty online and in threads, but you have to really force them to say a word in person. They realise it as well.
    Why else would nerds use TSR? It gives them a sense of accomplishment since the real life has damaged them x

ReputationRep:
    Lol I changed it because I coloured the ends of my hair pink...is is that ok with you? :plz2:

Ps. I corrected your post for you
    Why does everyone dislike Daen...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arieisit)
    Umm ok? Have we encounted each other before on this site? If not then your comment is on warranted. If you have, oh well, that's your opinion and I'm not losing sleep over it [PS - this means that I do not care, in case you didn't get what I was saying, I know that some people are genuinely slow on here]

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, I was joking.

:console:- Love you really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arieisit)
    Are you high?,😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LMAO Nah, cos. Dis thug lyf, get me? It's real in da endz, cos, hataz gon hate, blud, on da hype ting still. :gangster:

(Original post by LaMandarine)
    Amen

Your post makes me want to kill a care bear.
    It's a joke ting. Allow it, fam. And how you preed my posts, gyal, cuz I ain't neva pay mind you...blud. :gangster:

Betta still, cos: I literally just stated, in my aforementioned sentiment upon which your eyes should have glazed (since you're commenting on my posts), that my thug persona is merely an e-facade; so considering the topic of discussion and the fact that I have contributed to it, for you to have not seen it is rather peculiar. Unless you are intentionally disregarding it and are endeavouring to garner reps at my expense :closedeyes: to which all I shall say is:

Datz not cool, blud. You ain't about dat lyf. You don't even know me lyf dat, fam. Kmt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Lol, I was joking.

:console:- Love you really.
    That's the peace n love mans was chattin bout, get me? Group hug, mandem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bag of Peanuts)
    LMAO Nah, cos. Dis thug lyf, get me? It's real in da endz, cos, hataz gon hate, blud, on da hype ting still. :gangster:

It's a joke ting. Allow it, fam. And how you preed my posts, gyal, cuz I ain't neva pay mind you...blud. :gangster:

Betta still, cos: I literally just stated, in my aforementioned sentiment upon which your eyes should have glazed (since you're commenting on my posts), that my thug persona is merely an e-facade; so considering the topic of discussion and the fact that I have contributed to it, for you to have not seen it is rather peculiar. Unless you are intentionally disregarding it and are endeavouring to garner reps at my expense :closedeyes: to which all I shall say is:

Datz not cool, blud. You ain't about dat lyf. You don't even know me lyf dat, fam. Kmt.
    Greatness in action.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Greatness in action.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cos, she's intimidated by my heavenly mix of swag and genius. Allow it, fam. Nuff hataz.

ReputationRep:
    Cos, she's intimidated by my heavenly mix of swag and genius. Allow it, fam. Nuff hataz.
    Who isn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Who isn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dunno, cos. Show me the 1st pillock who isn't n see wot man do.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, cos. Show me the 1st pillock who isn't n see wot man do.
    Um..okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I am more confident on here, but all of my views and personality would match up IRL
    • Welcome Squad

You can choose to be whoever you want on the internet, and people still choose to be stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daenerys...)
    And more importantly do you think that some of the frequent posters don't actually believe what they're saying but say it to maintain their image or stance on particular issues or areas of life?

Just last night I was reading a thread can't remember what it was about but it had 2/3 people arguing against each other and it quickly devolved into "I'm right and you're wrong". But pushing that aside for a second, I was shocked by some of the opinions and it left me wondering "Does he/she really think this?" and "Are these people sane and sober?".

One user who often leaves me wondering is he serious is Plantagenet (spelling?) some of the stuff he says in the religious section is absolutely insensitive is he like this IRL?

Please answer my two questions first before you give your own input.
    Such as...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    Yes.

Especially online players.

Especially, especially, supremely narcissistic pseudo-intellectual ones.

You are talking about Foo.mp3, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I've met a few people at meets and they were nothing like their online personality. Pretty disappointing when someone is very chatty online and in threads, but you have to really force them to say a word in person. They realise it as well.
    What are you like in real life? I would like to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    You are talking about Foo.mp3, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    What is that supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:
    TSR is largely made up of people who have absolutely no social skills/confidence in the real world, and as a consequence come to places like TSR, where they won't be judged.

They have time to think about what they are going to say, they have no need to worry about being judged for how they look. They can put a photo of a famous woman or man and people will strangely assume that they look somewhat like that...

It gives people a chance to escape the fact that they are socially rejected by society.

So, yes. I have seen people here and met them in real life, some people are exactly like they are on here, some people are mouthy on here and quiet as **** in person, and some people are quiet and nice on here, and just like that in real life.

In reality the vast majority would never attend a meet because they know they are nothing like their online "facade"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    Especially, especially, supremely narcissistic pseudo-intellectual ones
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    x
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    x
    Like whom, and what kind of façade, out of interest yo radical one? :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    If only that were true of me.. :daydreaming:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..then at least I'd have an excuse for coming across as such a jackass :gah:

ReputationRep:
    I think some people definitely do. The internet is a place where you can start arguments for the fun of it and be an absolute terror and there will be no consequences at all. I highly that the majority of people who say rude things and sometimes downright aggressive things to others on this forum would say half of that crap in real life.

You can be who you want on the internet.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.