Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA History Britain 1603-1642 HIS1D Watch

ReputationRep:
    Exam is on wednesday!

The notes ive taken in class are terrible, can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    yeah sure

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on how best to revise for History? Maybe even some revision notes??

ReputationRep:
    note wise you basically need key dates and figures then what happened
    most finance questions you can use the point of: extravagance, xenophobia (James) feudal dues, ship money (charles) , great contract 1610
    religion: catholics, Arminans, puritans
    Irish rebellion
    scotish rebellion ect.

ReputationRep:
    Hi do you have any predictions on what might come up? And also what do you use as evidence as there arent any stats like there is in stalin's russia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhysd)
    Hi do you have any predictions on what might come up? And also what do you use as evidence as there arent any stats like there is in stalin's russia.
    I haven't a clue what may turn up but instead of stats there are figures of how much money financial policies were bringing in eg in 1605 when parliament granted James £400,000 to pay his debts, he immediately gave £44,000 of it to three of his Scottish favourites to pay off their debts

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you, what about if its to do with religion?

ReputationRep:
    Alright Everyone

Did this exam two years ago (June 2013, quite a good one) and im redoing in now, on a gap year, to hopefully boost my grade enough to go to Uni.

Anyone got any really decent historian quotes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhysd)
    Ok thank you, what about if its to do with religion?
    Mention dislike of Catholics ( both) Arminians ( both) synod of dort ( James) millenary petition ( James) Hampton court conference ( James)
    Laud ( Charles) York house conference( Charles) Scottish (Charles)

ReputationRep:
    Some key events for James 1603-14 😊
    Religion: millinary petition, Hampton court conference, bancrofts canons, gunpowder plot
    Finance: bates case, book of rates, great contract
    Relations with parliament: Buckinghamshire election dispute, union between England and Scotland collapse
    Foreign policy: marriage contract between Elizabeth and Frederick of the palatinate

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find that?

ReputationRep:
    I did the wrong years for question 1, i did it on 1604-11. what years was i meant to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebitage)
    I did the wrong years for question 1, i did it on 1604-11. what years was i meant to do?
    1614-1625

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it was such a good paper. I was so happy with the questions.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.