Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Fluenz vs Rosetta stone to learn French or Mandarin Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am considering purchasing fluenx for french or Mandarin I tired the free lesson it seemed good while wth Rosetta I did not know what some pictures meant it was confusing the free try out. Has anyone tried fluenz or is willing to try it for free and tell me if they think it is good because I think it is but if I am to spend all the money then I want to be sure. And no tutors i had an italian tutor it was like £30 per lesson he was not good he did not explain the grammar properly Usually tutors in my area cost £50 I thought I was getting a bargain obviously not if I did not understand the grammar afterall and the teaching methods of reading a book I did not understand was not very good for me.

Please tell me what you think of fluenz they are on youtube by the way

ReputationRep:
    I find Rosetta Stone somewhat overrated.

Have you considered watching video tutorials for free on YouTube to learn the basics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I find Rosetta Stone somewhat overrated.

Have you considered watching video tutorials for free on YouTube to learn the basics?
    I did but I am not sure if its the best solution I think rosetta is overated my sister just got japanese rosetta stone they show pictures which you have no idea what they are about and say something in japanese well you have no idea what it is or means in english what type of learning is this when you have no idea what you are learning

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 11, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.