Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Touts and football Watch

ReputationRep:
    right guys - i've got a predicament. i want to go to the fa cup final more than i want to see the birth of my first child. i've done touts before for gigs, but never football matches.

1) do they exist for matches?
    2) if so how legit would you say they were?
    3) how much do you think i would be looking at online

no season ticket so obviously wasnt going to get one the traditional way whatever happened.

any help here would be grand. don't want to travel 3 hours down to london to be disappointed but times running out to book everything up if i do

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

And anywhere between £500 and £1000.

Usually for many big games you can get lucky with genuine fans letting tickets go at face value but even fans who cant make the Cup final will unload it to one of their mates before you'd get a sniff so you're going to have to buy one of some guy called 'Frankie' in the carpark of the Dog and Duck for 2 weeks wages.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they exist and are very legit.

I did have a link for them online, £500+, I'll try and find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Yes.

And anywhere between £500 and £1000.

Usually for many big games you can get lucky with genuine fans letting tickets go at face value but even fans who cant make the Cup final will unload it to one of their mates before you'd get a sniff so you're going to have to buy one of some guy called 'Frankie' in the carpark of the Dog and Duck for 2 weeks wages.
    if i can find more the 500 end i might just be able to swing it, but it will be tight with hotel and travel. im gonna book my megabus now just to be safe haha

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Yes they exist and are very legit.

I did have a link for them online, £500+, I'll try and find it.
    could ya mate? would be grand

ReputationRep:
    Search on Twitter to see if anyone is selling one, good place to look for tickets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futbol)
    Search on Twitter to see if anyone is selling one, good place to look for tickets
    Yep this, often there for face value or close to it (thought not sure for a cup final)

ReputationRep:
    tbh a face value ticket for this on Twitter that hasn't been snapped up by a friend is going to be like finding rocking horse ****.

ReputationRep:
    I got some! I paid a bit more than intended it was a bit dear but its worth checkin out social media like twitter to see who's sellin regularly rather than deal with a tout IMO

ReputationRep:
    If you use something like StubHub, be prepared to be royally shafted. At least that was my experience several times this season.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.