Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have this exam ? What topics are you revising ?

ReputationRep:
    You have B1 tomorrow? What board? My B1 isn't until after half-term! I have B2 and B3 tomorrow (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachJess4)
    You have B1 tomorrow? What board? My B1 isn't until after half-term! I have B2 and B3 tomorrow (AQA)
    I have Edexcel in my school. Our system is quite different. We have B1,P1 And C1 this year and the rest next year as I am doing triple science

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would revise nitrogen and carbon cycle, mutualists and parasites etc. These topics haven't popped up recently so could come up tomorrow.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i am also doing the exam.
    As far as i know the nitrogen cycle is only in paper 2B

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Edexcel nitrogen cycle is B1

ReputationRep:
    it is bold in the specification, doesnt that mean that it is only in B2?

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm for EDEXCEL (check your exam board, might be different) that Nitrogen cycle is B1.

ReputationRep:
    Nitrogen Cycle and hmm idk

maybe transplant and ethics
    maybe homeostasis
    could be anything

but i have a hunch about nitrogen cycle

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm sure that you will all do well in your GCSE's, honestly if you put your mind into it you will be fine. I did my exams last year so I know how you're feeling..doing my A level exams now myself! Just thought I'd give you some support here, I found that good revision for me was making posters or if your school has invested in the 'SamLearning' website I would strongly recommend that. BBC bitesize is great for all your Science's guys. You will smash it and don't doubt yourself. The best advice I could give you is to chill out, you have to do the exam one way or the other so there's no point stressing about it too much. Also never leave a blank space and answer all the questions, even if it's some random sh*t, honestly that gave me those couple of marks a few times. I'm happy to help you out with anything, just message me or something

ReputationRep:
    is this GCSE or IGCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufiyan1999)
    Hi,

I would revise nitrogen and carbon cycle, mutualists and parasites etc. These topics haven't popped up recently so could come up tomorrow.

Good luck!
    thank you!! what else do you think may come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufiyan1999)
    Nitrogen Cycle and hmm idk

maybe transplant and ethics
    maybe homeostasis
    could be anything

but i have a hunch about nitrogen cycle
    can you give me a quick summary of the nitrogen cycle?

ReputationRep:
    i am very nervous for this exam omggg :OOOO

ReputationRep:
    I think that:Carbon cycle or Nitrogen cycle, Reflex arc and diabetes will come up

ReputationRep:
    Any other B1 predictions?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multieman)
    Any other B1 predictions?!
    Q1) Genetic Variation in plants
    Q2) Biomass
    Q3) Parasitism/Mutualism linking in with Evolution
    Q4) Reflex Arc/Neurones
    Q5) Organ Transplants and Drugs
    Q6) Carbon and/or Nitrogen Cycle

That's my honest predictions....

ReputationRep:
    your lucky, I have to do B1 P1 C1 2 and 3 next year lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    your lucky, I have to do B1 P1 C1 2 and 3 next year lol
    I'm doing all of what you said this year...

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you know some adaptations (polar bears, deep pompeii worms) and types of variation ( continuous, discontinuous)

I agree with you guys - I'd put my money on a nitrogen (or carbon) cycle 6 marker.

And just another thing: Eutrophication has NEVER been a 6 marker. It came up for four marks last year, but beware as it could come up again!...

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.