Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    It's maybe not quite as terrible as the title sounds, but I had my AS French Oral this morning and accidentally, as my French teacher was speaking, I said "yeah". It just slipped out!! It wasn't a question I had to respond to, just a filler thing that she put in to move onto the next section but I feel like a complete idiot. I'm not really sure that she heard me but of course, the exam is recorded.

I desperately need reassurance that this isn't going to stick me right in the bottom band of marks, because I did well in the rest of the exam. It just came out without me thinking. I'm predicted an A and if this is what brings me down, I'll be mortified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quirkyvictoria)
    It's maybe not quite as terrible as the title sounds, but I had my AS French Oral this morning and accidentally, as my French teacher was speaking, I said "yeah". It just slipped out!! It wasn't a question I had to respond to, just a filler thing that she put in to move onto the next section but I feel like a complete idiot. I'm not really sure that she heard me but of course, the exam is recorded.

I desperately need reassurance that this isn't going to stick me right in the bottom band of marks, because I did well in the rest of the exam. It just came out without me thinking. I'm predicted an A and if this is what brings me down, I'll be mortified.
    Obviously it's not the greatest thing to do in a French exam, but I think as long as it was just that one thing and the rest of your exam was good (using good structures, vocab etc) it shouldn't bring your mark down significantly. Don't worry about it too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahdw)
    Obviously it's not the greatest thing to do in a French exam, but I think as long as it was just that one thing and the rest of your exam was good (using good structures, vocab etc) it shouldn't bring your mark down significantly. Don't worry about it too much!
    I'll try to forget about it, thank you for your thoughts!!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.