Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Which first year ucl accommodation house is the most sociable? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am joining UCL this year and wondering if anyone can tell me which houses are the most sociable and which are the worst. I thought the John Tovell house looked good cos of its pricing and location but I really have no idea how social it is which is a big factor for me. I heard that Ramsey was quite social but im looking for self catered accommodation so that isnt an option. I also heard that astor is good but is it worth the money (£186.90 per week for singles)? If anyone can give me any kind of advice or just let me know what theyve heard about different houses id really appreciate it. Thanks
    p.s I know you cant choose which one you want but id still like to know

ReputationRep:
    I live in Max Rayne and it's very very social.
    However, you have to deal with the cockroaches and occasional clanging of the pipes.
    It is the best option for social self-catering, you get used to the rubbish parts of it and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Also I posted on my application where I wanted to live and they gave it to me so it's worth a shot at just noting it down somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    If you like going out, Ramsay hall is the most sociable by a mile. Pretty much all pre-drinks start at Ramsay and all flat parties are there too since it's so close to campus and very accessible.

If you're less into going out, the majority of halls are fairly similar, however. For example, I lived at Langton Close for my first year. Frances Gardner/Langton Close (same location) were very sociable in regard to days out, dinners and general chilling in the common room. I hear that most other halls are the same. The hall you are assigned won't make that much difference to your social life in the long run.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.