Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA AS geography 15 markers predictions Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what are likely topics to come up for the 15 mark essays in rivers, population, cold environments and energy ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megankati)
    Does anyone know what are likely topics to come up for the 15 mark essays in rivers, population, cold environments and energy ?
    Heard a lot of people saying rivers might be flooding case studies, such as a contrast between South Asia and Carlisle floods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoJango)
    Heard a lot of people saying rivers might be flooding case studies, such as a contrast between South Asia and Carlisle floods.
    Thanks yeah I heard that too which wouldn't be too bad, any ideas about any of the others?

ReputationRep:
    Periglacial processes and landforms

ReputationRep:
    Thanks yeah I heard that too which wouldn't be too bad, any ideas about any of the others?
    Population might be on migration push and pull factors, and energy I'm still trying to found out myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcoReusBVB)
    Periglacial processes and landforms
    Great that would be fine, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoJango)
    Population might be on migration push and pull factors, and energy I'm still trying to found out myself.
    Yeah energy's the worst one out of all of them as well, hopefully its not on anything too bad :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah energy's the worst one out of all of them as well, hopefully its not on anything too bad :/
    Energy might be geopolitics

ReputationRep:
    Energy might be geopolitics
    Dam what sort of case studies would that be?

ReputationRep:
    At my school we did the ESPO pipeline, ill try and find the powerpoint

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have any ideas on what 15 marker could potentially come up for coastal section

ReputationRep:
    my teacher has said for population- the validity of the DTM
    describe the socio-economic characteristics for either inner city, suburban rural-urban fringe

rivers- explain why a river valley changes in its cross profile downstream
    to what extend are the long profile of a river graded?

either of the two fro each ones...he is pretty good at predicting them last year he got 90% of the questions correct.

ReputationRep:
    We learnt about TNC's, such as Royal Dutch Shell and about the schemes they set up. There was also The Russia and Ukraine dispute over oil. OPEC (which stands for the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is the organisation that determine and controls the prices of Petroleum. There is also the conflict within Iraq which we learnt about. Nigeria is also a pretty good case study. There is a group in Nigeria (whose name escapes me at this point) that steal thousands of barrels and smuggle them out of Nigeria, per day.

!UPDATE!
    The Nigerian group that smuggle barrels of oil out are called MEND (The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta)

ReputationRep:
    At my school we did the ESPO pipeline, ill try and find the powerpoint
    Ahh okay cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazyhistorian)
    We learnt about TNC's, such as Royal Dutch Shell and about the schemes they set up. There was also The Russia and Ukraine dispute over oil. OPEC (which stands for the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is the organisation that determine and controls the prices of Petroleum. There is also the conflict within Iraq which we learnt about. Nigeria is also a pretty good case study. There is a group in Nigeria (whose name escapes me at this point) that steal thousands of barrels and smuggle them out of Nigeria, per day.

!UPDATE!
    The Nigerian group that smuggle barrels of oil out are called MEND (The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta)
    Thank you so much ill may sure to look these up for tomorrow, good luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhford)
    my teacher has said for population- the validity of the DTM
    describe the socio-economic characteristics for either inner city, suburban rural-urban fringe

rivers- explain why a river valley changes in its cross profile downstream
    to what extend are the long profile of a river graded?

either of the two fro each ones...he is pretty good at predicting them last year he got 90% of the questions correct.
    hi, what exactly do you mean by river graded? I understand long profile but not that

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm resitting the year and I have a feelin with energy energy management might come up cos it's a good 15 marker
    (so eg boris bikes n congestion charge)

And with population I've heard DTM or international immigration
    (so eg Mexico/Usa, Australia and Poland/Uk)

But I asked my teacher and she has no idea so honestly could be anything
    Good Luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucymwarren)
    Hey I'm resitting the year and I have a feelin with energy energy management might come up cos it's a good 15 marker
    (so eg boris bikes n congestion charge)

And with population I've heard DTM or international immigration
    (so eg Mexico/Usa, Australia and Poland/Uk)

But I asked my teacher and she has no idea so honestly could be anything
    Good Luck! x
    I really hope you're right , energy management sounds so much better than geopolitics! Thank you

Good luck to you too x

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you're right , energy management sounds so much better than geopolitics! Thank you

Good luck to you too x
    Just look up Gazprom and Opec and then Iraq, you can bs your way through it all dont worry x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucymwarren)
    Just look up Gazprom and Opec and then Iraq, you can bs your way through it all dont worry x
    I will do thank you, yep that's the best part of human geography you can bs through most of it x

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.