Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Just got a warning email from PlayStation for misbehaviour Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got a dodgy email just now allegedly from PlayStation network saying that my behaviour in XMB REPORTS on 11 May 2015 (today, I haven't switched on my PS3 today yet) was in breach of the T&C for the following reason: "."

They haven't given me a reason. This is why I think it is a fake email.

What is XMB reports?

ReputationRep:
    Good way to tell is to check for any spelling mistakes, can you provide a copy of the email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Best of Luck)
    Good way to tell is to check for any spelling mistakes, can you provide a copy of the email?
    Here is a copy exactly as I found it in my email, except with my PSN name removed:

Dear <My PSN Name Removed>, we are contacting you regarding your Sony Entertainment Network account and your recent online activity.

On 11-05-2015, we noted that your online activity in XMB Reports was in breach of the PlayStation®Network Terms & Conditions for the following reason: .

In this instance we do not believe your actions warrant a suspension, but please be advised that any further breaches of the Terms & Conditions may result in a formal warning or even a temporary or permanent suspension of your account from the PlayStation®Network.

We ask that you reassess your online behaviour so that you are more considerate to other Sony Entertainment Network users. We hope you can appreciate our obligation to the community as a whole and to the rights of other users not to be subjected to disruptive or offensive behaviour.

Yours Sincerely,

The community Team
    Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
    http://eu.playstation.com

------------------------

As you can see, there are no spelling mistakes, but they don't list a reason, they just include a silly little dot "."

ReputationRep:
    Seems legit tbh, just says that they noted it on 11th may (today), not that it happened today.
    Also the fact that they dont ask for any private information gives it more credence.

I would email their customer support asking what the reason for the warning is, then you know for sure whether its legit and what the reason for it is.

Best of Luck

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 11, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.