Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

General Election Results – May 2015 Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Interesting to hear predictions from those not in the loop!
    I know a bit of what is going on through Adam and I am sure all parties are drawing up plans of some sort, but I think Labour's dislike of the Greens is not enough to prevent another coalition with them. Apart form the Conservatives with the Greens the two options I gave were the only two options that would result in a coalition with a majority.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeywell17)
    I have now joined a party, but any support for my reforms would be fab
    At the moment we have abolished Ofsted and forced councils to turn comprehensive schools into grammar schools. There was an attempt to turn education into a Nordic style system but that was voted down for being radical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    At the moment we have abolished Ofsted and forced councils to turn comprehensive schools into grammar schools. There was an attempt to turn education into a Nordic style system but that was voted down for being radical.
    hmm, not too sure how I feel about grammar schools, but if that is what the House wanted I wont argue for now! Sounds like you've been working hard on it though
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeywell17)
    hmm, not too sure how I feel about grammar schools, but if that is what the House wanted I wont argue for now! Sounds like you've been working hard on it though
    We also (think it was a government bill) banned segregation in schools.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    We also (think it was a government bill) banned segregation in schools.
    Saracen's Fez PMB I think.

I can't imagine sending that off as Labour or agreed to it as a Gov bill.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)

I know the majority of government supported is so I wasn't sure. But yes I think you did oppose it a fair bit didn't you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I know the majority of government supported is so I wasn't sure. But yes I think you did oppose it a fair bit didn't you.
    Yeah.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)

It was indeed, just squeaked through.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Congratulatons everyone. Well done to the Labour and Conservatives, but conscious that they have so many seats to fill. 8 seats should be manageable and allow us to have a productive term. Looking forward to getting this new term underway. :yy:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Congratulatons everyone. Well done to the Labour and Conservatives, but conscious that they have so many seats to fill. 8 seats should be manageable and allow us to have a productive term. Looking forward to getting this new term underway. :yy:
    We should be able to fill ours. We're looking forward to potential by-elections, especially if i manage to repeal A84.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The worst part of being a leader or deputy leader is having to decide a way to determine who gets to be an MP and tell all of those who missed out.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The worst part of being a leader or deputy leader is having to decide a way to determine who gets to be an MP and tell all of those who missed out.
    Don't you have internal votes?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Election?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Don't you have internal votes?
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Election?
    No, internal elections add unnecessary levels of clutter to everything and we avoid them at all costs. We use a system which gives points to people for activity, bills written and taking part, and the people with most points at the end of the term get to be an MP for the next term.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No, internal elections add unnecessary levels of clutter to everything and we avoid them at all costs. We use a system which gives points to people for activity, bills written and taking part, and the people with most points at the end of the term get to be an MP for the next term.
    OK, each to their own.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So as arguably the most active person in the mhoc if I joined UKIP I'd get a seat no matter my political views???
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    So as arguably the most active person in the mhoc if I joined UKIP I'd get a seat no matter my political views???
    Our uncodified constitution provides freedom allowing us to adapt to new situations where people possessing extreme views join UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    I can only assume Labour will push for STV ballot reforms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well, if you want do not want the UK to leave the EU and do not want an Australian style points system for immigration, you would not be in UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    After seeing lots of different ways it is done, my personal favourite is the leader/deputy pick a small group of candidates that they strongly want as MP's and then hold a party vote on the borderline MP's which they cannot choose between.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.