Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    basically I was passionate about the subject
    Film prooduction
    you will be learning to make films they said , that sounded like fun , I like films ,directing would be nice

but my course is completely runining films for me I cant watch a film without thinking of all the stuff they tell us at uni (which isnt much , how is it framed ,is there enough headspace , how they must have lit that scene), but its not thinking of that stuff thats the problem its thinking of how miserable i was in the lessons while learning about that stuff , movies just remind me of being in class ,thats the problem every film feels like a lecture
    Im miserable in the practical lessons and the majority of what i do is essays , which feel so irrelvent. I feel like I want to leave uni but then would I do? there is a part of me that still kind of wants to do film that hasnt been sucked out by my couse ,but if im miserable on a mock film set in class , would i be in the real world or is that beucase they have me holding the boom mike on a film idea that i hate all day?

I dont know anymore . But I think what I really want to do is just be an actress ,iIcant really leave my course though beucase I need my student loan to be able to live in london regardless of what work i would be doing in film its all london based!

im not going to drop out but i hate it here with a passion ,im so confused does anyone else feel like this?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.