Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

I hate my course Watch

ReputationRep:
    basically I was passionate about the subject
    Film prooduction
    you will be learning to make films they said , that sounded like fun , I like films ,directing would be nice

but my course is completely runining films for me I cant watch a film without thinking of all the stuff they tell us at uni (which isnt much , how is it framed ,is there enough headspace , how they must have lit that scene), but its not thinking of that stuff thats the problem its thinking of how miserable i was in the lessons while learning about that stuff , movies just remind me of being in class ,thats the problem every film feels like a lecture
    Im miserable in the practical lessons and the majority of what i do is essays , which feel so irrelvent. I feel like I want to leave uni but then would I do? there is a part of me that still kind of wants to do film that hasnt been sucked out by my couse ,but if im miserable on a mock film set in class , would i be in the real world or is that beucase they have me holding the boom mike on a film idea that i hate all day?

I dont know anymore . But I think what I really want to do is just be an actress ,iIcant really leave my course though beucase I need my student loan to be able to live in london regardless of what work i would be doing in film its all london based!

im not going to drop out but i hate it here with a passion ,im so confused does anyone else feel like this?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.