Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Basically I have a chemistry 3 GCSE exam in about 2 weeks, the problem is, when chemistry 3 was being taught, I was not in school (I had broke my ankle) Do you guys have any ideas on what to revise/do so i can learn c3?
    Thanks so much it will really be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownie33)
    Basically I have a chemistry 3 GCSE exam in about 2 weeks, the problem is, when chemistry 3 was being taught, I was not in school (I had broke my ankle) Do you guys have any ideas on what to revise/do so i can learn c3?
    Thanks so much it will really be appreciated!
    I thought I may as well give you a hand considering mine is tomorrow. Depending on what exam board you do, I would start off with going through all the past papers available and learning the mark schemes - it sounds strange doing it first before learning the topic, but then you can really highlight what you actually don't know. A majority of the basics come directly from the other units.

If you wouldn't mind telling me the exam board, I can gladly be of service with a condensed version of the fundamental ideas in unit 3!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I actually really appreciate this and my exam board is edexcel. Good luck for tomorrow I'm sure you'll ace the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownie33)
    Thank you so much! I actually really appreciate this and my exam board is edexcel. Good luck for tomorrow I'm sure you'll ace the exam!
    I'm not one hundred percent sure with edexcel (as I do AQA) but my best advice would be to do the idea with the mark schemes. Get some reading materials from the exam board - look for the specification and then do some research, I would also email a few of your teachers and ask them to provide revision notes - I'm sure they would understand due to you missing school, it is their job to help you

As well as this, there are a few youtube videos out there if you learn that way, just search around for some and you should get a full list of your specifications. BBC bitesize does help a lot!

I've done a few quick searches through one of my favourite book websites and here are some reading materials: https://www.waterstones.com/books/se...dexcel+science The revision guides really do save your life.

Good luck for the future and thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot and yes I will ask my teacher for some extra lessons and things. I definitely will check for the revision books

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.