Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

When someone tells you someone else's secret Watch

Me and 3 of my friends were talking yesterday when one of my friends told the rest of us a secret of one of our other friends who wasn't present. He had been told not to tell anyone and told us not to tell anyone further.

I haven't told anyone else the secret but I did tell the person who had the secret that our friend had told us. Our friend who had the secret seems fine with us knowing as long as we don't tell anyone.

The friend who told us 3 the secret is now really angry with me and was calling me a **** friend that can't be trusted so I called him a hypocrite. Who is in the wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and 3 of my friends were talking yesterday when one of my friends told the rest of us a secret of one of our other friends who wasn't present. He had been told not to tell anyone and told us not to tell anyone further.

I haven't told anyone else the secret but I did tell the person who had the secret that our friend had told us. Our friend who had the secret seems fine with us knowing as long as we don't tell anyone.

The friend who told us 3 the secret is now really angry with me and was calling me a **** friend that can't be trusted so I called him a hypocrite. Who is in the wrong?
    He's definitely in the wrong. If someone tells you a secret, you're not supposed to share it, so that was the wrong thing for him to do. When you share a secret you run a great risk, and that's your choice to do so. If someone shares it you can't really get angry at them, you can only really be angry at yourself for making that decision to tell them if you know what I mean. It's not nice to take things out on other people.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.